Landline vs VoIP - Smarter BusinessVoIP vs. landline: which is better for your business telecoms?
- Author Shea Karssing
- Published February 1, 2018
- Word count 506
Every year, a steady stream of individuals are bypassing the use of landlines in favour of online or mobile connections. The business telecoms world is seeing a similar trend, as organisations switch to internet-connected communication. In fact, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technologies showed double-digit growth in 2017.
What is VoIP?
Put simply, VoIP is a type of telephony that uses an internet connection instead of a traditional landline. A landline uses coded pulses of electricity to transmit soundwaves over fibre optic cables or copper wire; whereas VoIP transmits calls through the same cables as an internet connection. Soundwaves are converted into digital data that then travel to the receiver.
The next question business owners are asking is: Which is better for business telecoms, VoIP or landline?
To help you compare business telecoms solutions, we’ve unpacked a few of the pros and cons of VoIP.
The business benefits of VoIP
Easy to set up: a VoIP system only needs a calling device, internet connection, and the VoIP software to work. The setup of this system is straightforward, with little to zero downtime on the company network.
Mobility: VoIP services are not fixed to a specific location, allowing you to use your mobile phone as an extension of your office phone. This is a major benefit for companies with employees who work remotely.
Advanced functionality: VoIP offers more than just voice, with a wide selection of additional features, such as video conferencing.
Cheaper: VoIP calls are significantly cheaper than landline services and offer free international calls. The installation and maintenance of the hardware and software also come at a lower cost than that of traditional systems.
Scalability: VoIP systems only rely on an internet connection, allowing for an unlimited number of lines.
Streamlined solution: a fixed monthly cost makes financial management easier, and having one supplier for both data and voice provides greater efficiency and linking of technologies.
VoIP’s potential pitfalls
Security: the security of the line is reliant on the level of security of the internet connection. For this reason, VoIP connections are easier to remotely hack than landlines, especially if the network security is not set up to be resilient as it can be.
Internet-dependent: VoIP calling relies on the level of quality and stability of your internet connection. Businesses with high call and internet traffic volumes may experience network issues if their Internet connection is not fast enough or if the power is out.
Software issues: if an unstable operating system or VoIP is used to host calls, the quality and reliability can be compromised.
Low-speed connections: businesses without a high-speed connection or those in more remote areas may not have a suitable connection speed for high-quality VoIP.
Leave it to the business telecoms experts
At Smarter Business, we can provide clarity on your business telecoms questions. Once we fully grasp your infrastructure and operational requirements, we can then go to market and help secure the best available deals for you. Get in touch for a free quote.
Smarter Business is one of the UK’s leading independent consultancies, helping businesses secure the most comprehensive savings solutions from utilities contract management and procurement to business loans and facilities maintenance.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How you can Install and keep Mannequin Head Model Props
- Skip The Drive And Buy Your Swishers Sweets Online
- Picture made with Text: A gift perfects for all situation
- Appreciating your silent heroes with Photo to words
- A Revolution for Change | Modern Art
- The Beginner's Guide to Kamado Grills
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Rice Cooker
- 7 Different Types of Crystal Glass Decanters Homeowners Must Know
- Vape Coils | eJuice Direct
- 4 Reasons Why a House Party Host Must Consider Crystal Glassware Items
- Smart Considerations before Investing on Crystal Glassware
- FAA Order of Right-Away Challenged by Unmanned Aircraft Or UAVs?
- Pianoforall Reviewed: Secrets To Learn How To Play Piano Fast And Easy!
- Why Should You Have To Wear Designer Watches
- 5 Essential Crystalware to Deck up your Home during Celebrations
- How to Clean Coroplast Cage?
- Guide To Choose Perfect Striped Pillow Cases
- Which Dental X-Rays Machine Is Worth To Buy
- Best Buy Acquires GreatCall, A Leading Connected Health Services Provider.
- Jones & Black E Liquid Review
- Adding Flare to Your Translation Tool Kit
- How Does Beard Oil Work?
- 4 Unparalleled Features of Modern Headphones
- Why Alpaca?
- Take a Look at Mi Max 2 Online and Compare Before Buying
- Know the Various Features of Latest Redmi Note 4
- Know About Various Types of Trolleys Make Work Easier?
- Lenovo K6 Power, Phab 2 Plus - Smartphones for Budget-Conscious Segment!