Natural Acne Treatments Banned?
- Author Brad Thomas
- Published February 8, 2008
- Word count 541
Have you ever wondered if there are safe, effective, and natural acne treatments that the medical 'establishment' never told you about? Although you've been lead to believe that the only effective acne treatment is through using harsh prescription drugs, you must look into why these giant corporations don't ever offer natural alternative acne treatments.
It's no secret that the Food and Drug Administration and big pharmaceutical companies have cooperated to ban safe natural alternatives treatments so that greedy executives can gain more profit. And treating acne is not an exception.
To give giant pharmaceutical corporations more control over your health, you haven't been told the entire truth. Now before you dismiss this as just some wild conspiracy, let's look into one example.
One of the most celebrated depression treatments of our time is Prozac. It utilizes the serotonin (the happy brain chemical) available in your body to make you feel happy or at the very least, less depressed. It was praised in Newsweek as 'A Breakthrough drug for Depression' and everybody was happy.
The downside is that some of the side effects are quite disturbing. They include anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, insomnia, irritability, hostility, aggressiveness, hypomania, reproductive, and developmental toxicity. Far from being the 'breakthrough' drug for depression, don't you agree?
Interestingly, at about the same time, numerous studies have proven that the natural amino acid called L-tryptophan is just as effective (or even better) than Prozac for depression patients. The side effect? There are none.
Why didn't it appear on the front cover of Newsweek? Or more importantly, why did the FDA ban the amino acid during the time when Prozac was being heavily promoted by the pharmaceutical company?
But here's the point: the drugs prescribed by your doctor or dermatologist to treat acne may not be the best or even the most effective compared to lesser known anti-acne nutrients clinical shown to get rid of acne. Doctors and dermatologists make more money selling these drugs than recommending natural alternatives, so it's only natural for them to be ignorant of the major nutritional influences on acne.
As a Rutgers Law Journal article pointed out: 'Political pressures have played a role in the FDA's decision to ban L-tryptophan as well as its desire to increase its regulatory power over dietary supplements.'
If these 'regulatory powers' are willing to ban the safe natural alternative (Tryptophan) in favor of it's synthetic drug (Prozac) - is there a possibility that there are safer natural acne treatments other than the health destroying antibiotics or Accutane?
The good news is that effective natural acne treatments are out there. There are exciting new studies that are suggesting that certain natural nutrients are just as powerful as prescription in getting rid of acne.
Some of these ingredients include, vitamin A, selenium, chromium, green tea, fish oils, and probiotics. Each nutrient has different roles in preventing acne. Some help by stabilizing your hormones, some makes your body adapt to stress, and some give you more anti-oxidant protection.
I won't go into detail of how they work here, so just do some homework and you'll find out more about them. That is something to think about when swallowing another hazardous prescription drug with side-effects worst than having acne itself.
Brad Thomas PhD is a researcher for Acne Rx and has found a natural, safe, effective alternative to get rid of acne without the harmful side effects of prescription. Go to his site: Acne Natural Treatment if you want more information on how powerful anti-acne nutrients can get rid of your acne visit:Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Things You Can Do in the Morning to Fight the Signs of Aging forever
- Know Your Curls - What Should I Be Using?
- Why Hand-tied Hair Extensions?
- What is a Cosmetic Surgery and Its Commonly Procedures?
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum