Spa treatments and their benefits
- Author Michiel Van Kets
- Published March 21, 2008
- Word count 603
There are many theories about the origins of the Spa. In Belgium there is a town called ‘Spa’ and many years ago it was believed that people in the town with iron deficiencies were cured by drinking Chalybeate spring water which contained minerals and iron, hence the connection between healing and the word
spa. Another belief is that the word
spa is an acronym for a Latin phrase ‘Salus Per Aqua’. It means health or healing through water. Historically the spa has been associated with water treatments.
In the modern world, the Spa has evolved tremendously and you can find a spa in almost any city in any country. Spas now offer a wide range of treatments extending beyond those associated with water. Some spas aim to provide you with total mind and body fitness including healthy eating and a complete body relaxation. These are its main benefits. Some spas offer a one-day experience, or alternatively two to three nights of pure peace and relaxation.
Some spas offer treatments to enhance your beauty and appearance. Examples are mud spa or wrap, facial spa, pedicure, manicure and many others. A body spa or wrap will have the effect of slimming and toning your body. With the appropriate ingredients used, it can even have a whitening effect on your skin. These treatments are particularly popular with women but men are already taking advantage of these treatments to enhance beauty and leave you feeling younger.
Nowadays, massage is an important ingredient of a spa as well as water. While you are soaking in the water, complimented with aromatherapy you can begin to let go of your worries and troubles. After which, you can immerse yourself in a full body massage where the masseuse aims to revitalize your body and relax your mind. Feeling refreshed and rejuvenated after these treatments are its main benefits.
Spa treatments that are associated with hydrotherapy have a number of health benefits. They help to soothe tired, sore or stiff joints and muscles better than a consistent therapy of warm water massage. An early morning soak in a spa hot tub provides temporary relief from arthritis pain and helps you feel better throughout the day. The heat from the warm water dilates blood vessels, increasing blood flow to damaged tissues and accelerates the body's natural healing process. Hot water reduces pain by stimulating the release of endorphins, the body's natural pain killers.
Many people plagued with sleeping problems are finding the answer in a spa where they can have a relaxing soak in warm water before going to bed to induce a good night’s sleep. This alternative to medicine or other sleep aids has created hundreds of happy customers who cannot imagine going to bed at night without that lovely, starlit soak in their spa just before sleep. It is truly a healthy way to end the day and prepare for the next with a good nights sleep
While some spas offer a range of generic products some spas are differentiated by the kinds of treatments they focus on. Some examples are destination spa, medical spa, health spa, beauty spa, day spa and their name tells you the focus of their treatments.
Spas have a healing and relaxing effect and can be a source of renewed health and pampering. Spas are increasingly offering their services on-line. Spend some time looking around at the various treatments available and having chosen something you like, treat yourself and your loved ones to a luxurious spa on a special occasion or just for the hell of it. It is guaranteed to spark up your life.
Michiel Van Kets provides article for Annie Glasson who is the marketing manager at Endota Spa in Australia. She writes for Endota Spa which is the largest Spa network in Australia and is the only spa in 5 Australian states with winner of ‘franchisor of the year’ in 2004.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum
- Benefits of Hemp Oil and Cream For Skin
- Common Hair Problems that Hair Extensions Can Fix
- Hair Extensions for Your Wedding - Things You Must Know
- Beauty Secrets From The Bible For Today's Modern Woman
- What to Look for in a Spa
- Does Acupuncture Really Work?
- What Should You Look For In Microblading Training Instructors
- Microblading Training: How Long Does It Take
- How To Avoid Microblading Training Scams