How To Apply The Perfect Fake Tan
- Author Rosie East
- Published March 28, 2008
- Word count 701
We all love to have a tan. After all for most of us if we have a bit of colour we often feel a lot better and more confident about ourselves. The downside to a tan is that if we spend hours out in the sun then long term we are likely to age quickly and worse case scenario skin cancer. None of us want to end up with such a horrific illness so what are our options?
For some keeping to high factor sun lotion and not having a tan is fine. For others we want to feel good about ourselves. So what do we do? The answer is
buy yourself a bottle of good quality fake tan.
Many of us I dare say have been put off by fake tans as we struggle to apply it correctly. So here are a few pointers to help you on your way to that perfect tanned look.
Prepare your body for tanning. Don't just apply the take without the necessary preparation otherwise you will not get that perfect look.
Make sure you have done any shaving, waxing at least 24 hours before. If you apply your fake tan and then wax you will strip the fake tan off.
To get the best fake tan then exfoliating your whole body properly is essential. Get yourself a good body scrub and make sure you exfoliate all over making
sure you give special attention to your knees, elbows, ankles, hands and feet. If you are prone to dry skin in any other areas then give those areas
Once you have exfoliated on your dryer areas apply a moisturiser. If ever you have applied fake tan and it has come out darker in patches then most likely it
will be dry skin. So take the time and moisturise well. Many of the tanning products on the market today will have a moisturiser to go with the fake tan. For
example one of the most popular fake tans, Fake Bake offers Fake Bake oil-free moisturiser. Once you have applied your tan don't forget to keep moisturising,
it will all help maintain your tan.
When applying your fake tan, do not apply the tan without using a tanning mat or latex gloves. The last thing you want to do is get the tan under your
fingernails or on the palms of your hands.
The best time to apply your fake tan is before you go to bed. The tan will leave marks on your sheets, don't let this put you off they are easily washed out.
If you are worried make sure you put some old sheets on your bed. Before you get into bed allow the tan to dry don't apply the tan and then just jump
straight into bed.
If you are looking for a darker tan then apply another coat. Be patient it may take a few applications over a number of weeks to get the tan that suites you
the best and that you like.
When applying your fake tan start at your feet and with circular motions work your way up. Most tans such as Fake Bake or St Tropez are brown when applying
so you will be able to see what areas you still need to do.
Don't spend hours struggling to do your back. If you are able to ask your partner or even a trusted friend. They are going to be able to apply the tan much
more effectively than you trying to bend yourself into almost impossible positions.
So you have removed the gloves now for the hands. Make sure your hands are washed and moisturised. Get some cotton wool and dab it onto the back of your hands.
Ideally after you have applied your fake tan you should not wear any clothes. If you do have to wear some clothes do not wear socks, knickers or a bra as it will end up leaving marks.
Realistically to keep your tan constant you will be looking to re-apply about every 7 days. Following these tips will make applying fake tan so much easier and therefore give you the perfect tan without causing any harm to your skin or body.
Feel that fake tans are the way to go for you? Want to get ready for summer? Have a look at Rosie E's website for further advice and information on the best fake tans available today.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum
- Benefits of Hemp Oil and Cream For Skin
- Common Hair Problems that Hair Extensions Can Fix
- Hair Extensions for Your Wedding - Things You Must Know
- Beauty Secrets From The Bible For Today's Modern Woman
- What to Look for in a Spa
- Does Acupuncture Really Work?
- What Should You Look For In Microblading Training Instructors
- Microblading Training: How Long Does It Take
- How To Avoid Microblading Training Scams