Is Laser Acne Treatment Right For You?
- Author Syed Imtiaz
- Published October 5, 2008
- Word count 537
Those who have gone through successful laser acne treatment often find that there is no need or very little need to use other treatments afterwards, such as ointments, creams, etc. With laser acne treatment it is possible to diminish both the acne and the scarring that stanch from it. Treatment with lasers is a non-invasive type of surgery, and in some cases remarkable improvement can be seen after just a few sessions. For many acne sufferers, laser acne surgery is a quick, efficient, and effortless way to deal with acne and associated scarring, and can reduce both the discomfort and embarrassment that often accompanies this skin condition.
Most people see a progress after the first treatment, still three to four once a month sessions are required to complete the treatment. Most patients experience a 95% reduction in pimples and lesions. Side effects are mild, with the most severe being swelling of the treated area. Since the treatments are gentle and quick, some patients even schedule them during lunch hours and breaks. There is no recovery time and very little discomfort. Many patients also experience some redness and irritation.
Many people have also claimed that the laser burnt their face unless they used a special cream earlier. Others have criticized the treatment because the results were not worth the price. Like most acne treatments, the response is personal and may be wonderful for some. If you ever want to go for a laser acne treatment make sure that the dermatologist has done it earlier.
If this is the first time you are going for any acne treatment then it is better to try out other topical or homemade acne treatments first. Skin specialists and dermatologists believe that among OTC acne treatments, products with benzoyl peroxide are the most effective acne treatment products, so you can try products with benzoyl peroxide, sulfur or resorcinol. If you do choose to go through with the acne laser treatment, make sure the person performing the treatment knows what they are doing and is fully trained with the machine.
It is important to note here that the laser treatment would have to carry on for several months and in course of this time it will be possible for one to notice the difference in the lessening of acne formation. During the laser treatment procedure, there is a certain condition known as ‘rubber band sensation' and since many acne sufferers feel uneasiness during this process, anesthetics are usually applied to offset its effect. In most cases, the laser treatment clinics advise the use of certain acne medication after the surgical procedure is complete in order to ensure that there is no occurrence of pimples or even in case of new acne formations, these acne medication can make sure that these are treated immediately.
Depending on the method that is used, laser acne surgery can work by reducing and controlling bacterial growth, or by controlling oil secretions through the reduction of the size of the sebaceous glands. Laser treatments for acne are usually adopted by those acne sufferers who do not wish to devote the amount of time required for topical or other acne treatments, therefore, they go for laser treatment since it requires less time.
S.F. Imtiaz is author of this article on Acne Treatments.
Find more information about Acne Treatment Reviews here.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Hand-tied Hair Extensions?
- What is a Cosmetic Surgery and Its Commonly Procedures?
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum
- Benefits of Hemp Oil and Cream For Skin
- Common Hair Problems that Hair Extensions Can Fix