How Video Marketing Works
- Author John Lee
- Published February 27, 2010
- Word count 565
One of the key internet marketing strategies I use to generate sales leads online is video marketing. To really understand the power of this style of online marketing, you have to work it for a while. But for the new marketer, this is challenging yet fun. To teach you how video marketing works, I'll break it down into 5 bite-sized pieces. Notepad, rehearsal, filming, editing and promoting.
Notepad is just a creative starting point. Have in mind a subject you are familiar with, and jot down a sort of template on a notepad or 3X5 card. Start by noting "intro" at the top. Then the word "challenge" or "topic" underneath. Next write "solution" or "body" and finish by writing "call to action." Find experienced internet marketers on the web and watch a number of their videos and you will see that the good ones usually have these categories covered in their videos. Learn by doing.
Next..."rehearsal." Find a spot with an acceptable background and begin rehearsing in front of the camera without turning it on. Be aware of your eye contact with the camera and your "uhhhhhs". In the beginning, it may take you 10-20 tries before you are happy with the result. But don't worry, by the time I did 20 videos, I was "one take Johnny." Now I enjoy producing marketing videos and I can get 2-3 done per session. I'll do one today on this article.
The "filming" portion is a good time to talk about the tech side of it. You may already know how to transfer the digital file from your camera to your laptop. If you don't, look on the net for your model camera and find out if the manufacturer gives away free software that works with your camera. My software came with my Sony camera so it was easy. So, film away and when your done transfer the digital file to your laptop.
The "editing" part of the job is easy and fun. You can get creative here, but be careful. Too many bells and whistles may scare the simple folk away. I create a wmv file and use windows movie maker as my editing software. It is simple to use and comes installed on most computers now. You can get a free download on the net if you don't already have it.
Finally, "promoting". When you have finished your project and you are ready to upload videos to the web, there are a couple of sites to get familiar with. Youtube is not enough. You need to go to either Tube Mogul or Traffic Geyser (or both) and start by watching their training videos to learn how to distribute your videos all over the web with one upload to their site. It is a great service.
Traffic Geyser is a pay site (about $97/mo.) and Tube mogul is free. Traffic Geyser is a much more powerful tool that also lets you submit the matching article that can be distributed at the same time. Both sites have training for you on how to select keywords (tags) and other pertinent information to get a maximum distribution and target your traffic more efficiently.
In summary, video marketing on the web is probably the best free internet marketing you can get. Work through the process I've laid out about 20 times within a couple weeks and you'll be a pro. Good luck!
John Lee lives in Virginia with his wife and their two boys. He has many interests including family, sports and web marketing. Currently, he is guiding these projects: Web Mining 101.com, JohnEnjoysLife.com and Global Affiliate Network. Comments welcome: email@example.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Power of Red Velvet Ropes
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times
- Why giveaway promotional gift items?
- Getting Started with Google Ads
- 3 Tools You Should Master in Digital Marketing
- 5 Important Factors to Consider When Building Backlinks
- Basics of Keyword Research
- 17 Strategic Business Pivots to Make in the Time of COVID-19
- How to Craft Your Unique Business Story That Will Make You Shine and Put Your Competitors in the Shadows
- 4 Marketing Strategies for the COVID-19 Crisis
- Business Building Using Stories
- 4 Ways To Sell Services In A Slow Economy
- How to Pivot Your Small Business Strategy During the COVID-19 Crisis
- How a Visit to the Dentist Taught Me a Valuable Marketing Lesson
- Hiring an Online Marketing Agency to Grow Your Business
- The Biggest Web Copy Mistake Most Small Businesses Make
- How to Write Copy Like the OG Copywriters
- How to Write Better Emails
- Graphic design in Nepal
- Why Not Enough Authors Use Email To Market Themselves
- Should You Stop Marketing During COVID-19?