Combat Cellulite With Aromatherapy
- Author George Kakaris
- Published May 23, 2007
- Word count 426
As you may know, Aromatherapy is the use of volatile liquid parts of plants, which are called essential oils, for various natural treatments. It is a holistic alternative therapy that has been used since antiquity from all major civilizations and its popularity has been increasing recently.
Cellulite is the dimpling skin found especially on thighs and sometimes on tummy, back of arms and bottom which looks lumpy and ripply. While it is harmless, cellulite discomforts female population especially in summer time. Almost every woman (even the slimmest ones) has cellulite to some degree. It is believed that cellulite is not only fat, but accumulation of fat, fluids and toxins which are trapped in the skin, owing to weakening of the connective tissue.
Keep in mind that there are many things to do to reduce cellulite, but nothing can eliminate one hundred percent the “orange peel” surface of female skin at affected areas. Just to name few, increasing body exercise, decreasing fat income and sugar, drinking many cups of water, avoiding coffee and eating fruits rich in C vitamin, are suggested for combating cellulite. In this article we will present you some aromatherapy tips that can help you remove cellulite.
Essential oils can assist with anti-cellulite treatment in two major ways: Reducing body toxins, waste matter and imprisoned liquids and enhancing blood circulation. The essential oils that are used most for cellulite therapy are Juniper, Citrus, Rosemary, Lemon, Lemongrass, Grapefruit and Geranium oil. Bath and especially massage are the most effective Aromatherapy uses for a successful cellulite cure.
Add 5-10 drops of your favourite essential oil in your bath water and stay in it for at least fifteen minutes, once a week. This time allows essential oil to penetrate your skin and its diuretic and circulation boosting action to be more effective.
Aromatherapy massage is probably the most useful alternative method for treating cellulite because it is applied directly to the affected part of skin and encourage body detoxication and blood circulation. Carrier (or base) oils from various vegetables are used for essential oil dilution. Appropriate carrier oils for massage are among others, Avocado, Jojoba and Almond. Remember to follow carefully the safety rules for essential oils uses. Otherwise, you will run the risk to irritate and harm your skin.
Aromatherapy is not only a delightful and refreshing activity. It is beneficial for a lot of health conditions including skin diseases like cellulite. Using the right essential oils in bath and massage you can regenerate skin cells and reduce the toxins and fat that turn into cellulite.
George Kakaris is a freelance writer living in an island of Greece. He is very interested in natural health and alternative active life style and owner of an information site about Aromatherapy and Essential Oils, where you can read about essential oils and hydrosols among others.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum
- Benefits of Hemp Oil and Cream For Skin
- Common Hair Problems that Hair Extensions Can Fix
- Hair Extensions for Your Wedding - Things You Must Know
- Beauty Secrets From The Bible For Today's Modern Woman