Re-interpreting Scottish Cuisines
- Author Bill Scott
- Published August 8, 2010
- Word count 492
Scottish cuisine has its own characteristic features and is greatly appreciated by food connoisseurs from across the world. Traditional Scottish cuisine forms the basis of many culinary traditions of the country and has become an important feature of its culture. Considered by many as one of the most important and interesting features of Scottish cuisine is the use of local products, for instance, smoked and salted meats, fish, oats and oatcake are some of the standard food items within this cuisine.
Today Scottish chefs are re-interpreting their culinary heritage by introducing delectable variations on the old standards. These recipes highlight Scottish ingredients at their best, with some of the most famous traditional Scottish delicacies including Loch Fyne Kippers, Ayrshire Bacon, Aberdeen Angus Beef, Smoked Scottish Salmon and many more all available online from the Scottish Gourmet.
As we have noted, many of the traditional Scottish cuisines now form the basis of much culinary innovation, although here at The Scottish Gourmet we also take great pride in offering you many of the most famous Scottish cuisines;
Loch Fyne Kippers. Loch Fyne Kippers are considered to be delicacy. Caught locally in the clear waters of Loch Fyne, these fish soaked in a brine solution, and slowly cured over smouldering oak fires for up to 16 hours.
Ayrshire Bacon. Ayrshire bacon is another traditional Scottish cuisine made from Great White premium-grade pigs after removing skin and bones before curing. Once cured, the middle part is rolled tightly, keeping the fat side outermost. The leg is rolled and tied and the shoulder cut into boiling joints. These are known as an Ayrshire roll.
Aberdeen Angus Beef. Aberdeen Angus Beef menu is a must for meat lovers everywhere, with seven cuts of steak it is now considered one of the finest cuts of beef available anywhere in the world.
Scottish Smoked Salmon. Scottish Salmon is considered by many to be the finest salmon in the world and Scotland is famous for its smoked fish worldwide. They have mastered smoking process that involves using oak wood and peat, which is used to prepare the most popular and flavourful salmon in the world. This Scottish smoked salmon is characterized by a more orange-pink colour, and a tender and delicate flesh.
The Scottish Gourmet.
The Scottish Gourmet provides the finest Scottish cuisine delivered direct to your doorstep. Our master chefs take the best of their culinary heritage, re-interpreting many traditional Scottish recipes to produce delectable variations on the old standards. Specialist in almost all kinds of Scottish cuisines, including Loch Fyne Kippers, Ayrshire Bacon, Aberdeen Angus Beef, Smoked Scottish Salmon and much more, all of our food is delivered fresh and direct to your door. We don’t use any artificial additive or genetically modified ingredients, the meat we use is bred and reared in Scotland and is fully traceable back to the farm of origin. In short, the Scottish Gourmet’ provides the very best of Scottish cuisine direct to you…
The Scottish Gourmet provides the finest Scottish cuisine delivered direct to your doorstep. Its master chefs take the best of their culinary heritage, re-interpreting many traditional Scottish recipes to produce delectable variations on the old standards. Specialist in almost all kinds of Scottish cuisinesArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Kitchener Meat Grinder Features - What to Look For
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties
- Use Water Dispensers and Routines to Lose Weight
- 3 Common Issues with a Water Cooler Dispenser
- 4 Great Food Options for Overcoming Hunger Pangs When Dieting
- Aussie Natural Spring Water