High-Velocity Vacations in the Smokies
- Author Jim Watson
- Published September 5, 2010
- Word count 540
By Jim Watson
If you’ve had your fill of boring beach vacations, and long, slow days meandering through dusty antique stores doesn’t thrill you, then your vacation plans need a shot of adrenalin. Sounds like it’s time for a fast and furious adventure in the Great Smoky Mountains, where speed and excitement combine to make your trip a non-stop adventure.
Setting New Land-Speed Records
With the smell of scorched rubber in the air, and two wheels on the pavement as you barrel around the track, the competition is hot on your tail. For NASCAR lovers, the thrill of the chase never gets old. And at NASCAR SpeedPark in Sevierville, TN there’s plenty of racing fun for the whole family.
From the Baby Bristol to the Smoky Mountains Speedway, NASCAR SpeedPark’s nine tracks serve up just the right amount of speed whether you’re a rookie or a seasoned pro. The Intimidator, named after legendary driver Dale Earnhardt, offers a challenge that SpeedPark veterans will love to face, while Young Champions gives greenhorns a chance to ride with mom or dad in a two-seat racer. The Rookie, a quarter-mile, D-shaped track new for 2010 is already a crowd favorite, and features Screaming Eagle Go-Karts in single- and double-seat configurations.
Fly like an Eagle
For nature lovers with a need for speed, a zipline tour through the forest might be just the adventure you’re looking for. No hot asphalt smells here, it’s just you and the fresh mountain air.
At Smoky Mountain Ziplines, you’ll soar among the treetops and whip along at breakneck speeds, nothing between you and the wilderness but a steel cable and a harness. Fast enough to satisfy the speed demon in you, yet safe for the whole family, a zipline tour of the Smoky Mountains will leave you with fantastic memories and some truly spectacular photographs taken from high above the forest floor.
They Call them Rapids for a Reason
The Great Smoky Mountains are home to some of the wildest whitewater rafting in the country. Plunge down the Pigeon River in a raft with six of your closest friends, or go it alone in an inflatable kayak. Whichever you choose, you’ll experience the beauty of the area in a whole new way. Hang on to your seat, because this is a thrill-ride you’ll never forget.
For a one-of-a-kind experience, climb inside a clear plastic ball and roll your way down the foothills near Pigeon Forge. These water-filled balloons protect you from bumps and bruises while taking you on a ride you won’t find anywhere else in the United States. Choose a smaller, one-person globe, or pile on the fun by fitting the whole family in one giant balloon. Whichever way you go, you’ll be talking about your new favorite ride for years to come.
The Great Smoky Mountains might be famous for amazing scenery and quaint villages, but take a closer look and you’ll find enough adventure and excitement to keep a speed junkie entertained for weeks. Whether you want to tear up the racetrack, fly like a bird, or get wet and wild on the river, there’s fun and adventure around every turn.
Jim Watson is Owner of Timbercreek Cabins offering cabins near the Smoky Mountains. Vacation rentals are now available. Visit [http://www.timbercreekcabins.com](http://www.timbercreekcabins.com) today for a complete listing of cabin rentals. © 2010, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- These cooking pots are best because they are both healthy and non-toxic
- Which Foods Increase Testosterone The Most?
- How Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
- How Much Weight Can YOU Lose by Drinking Green Tea?
- When Is The Best Time To Drink Green Tea For Weight Loss?
- Climate Change Data Sets for Machine Learning
- Sentiment Analysis Tools and Services for Machine Learning
- Human Translation
- Touch-and-Go Fathering Style
- Why and when did humankind switch to metal cookware, and what have been the effects?
- Here is where to get earthenware clay cooking pots in the USA
- How to Select a Good Yoga Training
- 5 Tips to Choose the Best Lawyer in Dubai For Your Case
- How To Deal With Production Problems In China?
- How do Fat girls Avoid Inferiority and Maintain Self-confidence?
- How to evaluate your Marketing plan?
- Enjoy ultimate creative freedom with ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2021
- All In One Internet Marketing Software 2020(Get +Limited time Offer)
- 5 Things I wish I have known when I started using Essential Oils
- 5 Tips For Buying A Bike Online
- How can I learn intermediate accounting?
- logo design service
- How Mobile Phone Towers Could Help Monitor Rainfall in Developing Countries
- 4 Reasons Why Young Men Prefer Mature Women
- New Platform for Online Niche Dating Service
- Post-COVID Job Hunt And Hiring Practices
- Tips to Choose the Best Skin Whitening Cream in The World
- How to Lighten Darkened Skin ?
- Very Basic Skin Care Tips for Dark Skin
- How to Lighten Skin for African American