High-Velocity Vacations in the Smokies
- Author Jim Watson
- Published September 5, 2010
- Word count 540
By Jim Watson
If you’ve had your fill of boring beach vacations, and long, slow days meandering through dusty antique stores doesn’t thrill you, then your vacation plans need a shot of adrenalin. Sounds like it’s time for a fast and furious adventure in the Great Smoky Mountains, where speed and excitement combine to make your trip a non-stop adventure.
Setting New Land-Speed Records
With the smell of scorched rubber in the air, and two wheels on the pavement as you barrel around the track, the competition is hot on your tail. For NASCAR lovers, the thrill of the chase never gets old. And at NASCAR SpeedPark in Sevierville, TN there’s plenty of racing fun for the whole family.
From the Baby Bristol to the Smoky Mountains Speedway, NASCAR SpeedPark’s nine tracks serve up just the right amount of speed whether you’re a rookie or a seasoned pro. The Intimidator, named after legendary driver Dale Earnhardt, offers a challenge that SpeedPark veterans will love to face, while Young Champions gives greenhorns a chance to ride with mom or dad in a two-seat racer. The Rookie, a quarter-mile, D-shaped track new for 2010 is already a crowd favorite, and features Screaming Eagle Go-Karts in single- and double-seat configurations.
Fly like an Eagle
For nature lovers with a need for speed, a zipline tour through the forest might be just the adventure you’re looking for. No hot asphalt smells here, it’s just you and the fresh mountain air.
At Smoky Mountain Ziplines, you’ll soar among the treetops and whip along at breakneck speeds, nothing between you and the wilderness but a steel cable and a harness. Fast enough to satisfy the speed demon in you, yet safe for the whole family, a zipline tour of the Smoky Mountains will leave you with fantastic memories and some truly spectacular photographs taken from high above the forest floor.
They Call them Rapids for a Reason
The Great Smoky Mountains are home to some of the wildest whitewater rafting in the country. Plunge down the Pigeon River in a raft with six of your closest friends, or go it alone in an inflatable kayak. Whichever you choose, you’ll experience the beauty of the area in a whole new way. Hang on to your seat, because this is a thrill-ride you’ll never forget.
For a one-of-a-kind experience, climb inside a clear plastic ball and roll your way down the foothills near Pigeon Forge. These water-filled balloons protect you from bumps and bruises while taking you on a ride you won’t find anywhere else in the United States. Choose a smaller, one-person globe, or pile on the fun by fitting the whole family in one giant balloon. Whichever way you go, you’ll be talking about your new favorite ride for years to come.
The Great Smoky Mountains might be famous for amazing scenery and quaint villages, but take a closer look and you’ll find enough adventure and excitement to keep a speed junkie entertained for weeks. Whether you want to tear up the racetrack, fly like a bird, or get wet and wild on the river, there’s fun and adventure around every turn.
Jim Watson is Owner of Timbercreek Cabins offering cabins near the Smoky Mountains. Vacation rentals are now available. Visit [http://www.timbercreekcabins.com](http://www.timbercreekcabins.com) today for a complete listing of cabin rentals. © 2010, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Industrial and Decorative Uses Of Copper
- Good Soil Composition is the Key to Low-Maintenance Lawns
- Growing Healthy Tomatoes: Diseases and Fungi Prevention
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Why USD is a Safe Haven During the Crisis
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- How to Trim a Hedge Properly
- The Largest Trees in the UK
- Best Eco Tours in Goa - List of Trekking and Nature Activities
- 5 Places to Watch Weathering With You Online
- What If Everyone Participated on the Ownership Side of the US Economy?
- Nesting Birds and The Effects on Tree Work
- How to learn easy English grammar with saifulsgrammar learning program
- Hard Drive Cloning Software - What It Is and Why You Need It
- The Best Gift on This Father’s Day
- Advantages of Having a Home-Based Job
- Skip The Drive And Buy Your Swishers Sweets Online
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- Take This Crap Off Your Resume If You Want An Interview!
- Being a creative professional and a good sport
- Filming a video interview: How to be a good interviewee
- Spec Work: The setbacks and benefits
- The Keys to Smoother Credit Rolls
- What they don’t tell you about owning a creative small business.
- Year Round Lawn Care and Maintenance
- Let's End Wage Slavery in the USA
- Proactive Business Strategies to Covid-19
- Potential benefits to Hiring an Interior Designer