Use A Top WordPress SEO Plugin To Avoid SEO Mistakes
- Author David Ogram
- Published November 10, 2010
- Word count 401
Getting your on page Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) right is not the most exciting of tasks, as a result mistakes and errors can creep in. For WordPress users it can be made much easier with a WordPress SEO plugin called "SEOPressor" which can do much of the work for you.
On page SEO is important because this is the process by which you ensure that the search engines understand what your page is about. The search engines must see your page as "relevant" to the search query or it has no chance of being displayed.
In terms of the factors the search engines consider when ranking pages in the search results, off page SEO carries more weight but this does not mean that on page SEO is not important. It is, in fact, the basis for all your SEO activities and optimising your on page SEO will mean that you need to do less off page SEO (link building) to get high rankings.
So, you have decided on the primary keyword you wish to target your page or post towards and you write some good content that will be of interest to visitors to your site. You can add a WordPress SEO plugin to help configure your on page SEO, the most popular being "All In One SEO Pack", however it is still easy to make mistakes such as the following:
Not putting the keyword in the URL
Not including the keyword in the title and the h1, h2 and h3 tags
Not including the keyword in the content frequently enough
Not adding a graphic
Not using internal linking
Not using external linking.
What you should really do is produce a checklist of all the things you need to do and then run through this after you have completed each page or post. This would include things like counting the number of times you have used the keyword and dividing this by the total words to establish the keyword density.
This is actually a task ideally suited to automation which is where the WordPress SEO plugin "SEOPressor" comes in. This checks your on page SEO each time you update your page and gives a score for the SEO together will a list of suggested improvements. This is much quicker than checking yourself and because this WordPress SEO plugin prominently presents the results on the WordPress dashboard they are difficult to ignore.
There are no posted comments.
- Why Your Business Can’t Afford to Ignore Online Accessibility
- Boost Your Health with AI-Powered Diet Plans
- The Risks of Using StreamFab Crack Versions and the Importance of Legitimate Software
- Top 11 Best Essay Writing Services
- Savings Through Odoo Customization for Your Business
- 10 Best Free Resources for Budding Web Developers
- Is Kissanime Safe to Use? – Alternative Anime Streaming Sites
- PicPick Download for Windows 10: Your Ultimate Screen Capture and Image Editing Tool
- A Helpful Tool for Live Streaming and Movie Downloading
- Exploring the Benefits of Optimum Packages for Enhanced Connectivity
- Why Your Business Needs Social Media Marketing Services to Succeed in the Digital Age
- Deepfakes on Social Media Prompt Warnings of AI Risks
- Meveto the Cyber Security Movement by Emir Ceric Revolutionizes User Account Control
- How to Start a YouTube Channel: Tips for Careers in Video Production
- The YouTube Algorithm: What it is, How it Works and How to Use it for Your Advantage
- The Negative Impact of E-Levy on Mobile Banking.
- 7 Methods to Solve the Internet Light Red On Router
- Digital Diplomacy
- What is Wordpress? 8 Advantages of Using WordPress
- Why a small business needs a website
- 5 Most Common Http Errors Explained
- 5 Major Advantages of Website Maintenance Services
- Rank with Mobile-Ready Content!
- Unethical SEO-Is it a danger in realistic circumstances?
- Crunchyroll Not Working? Check Your Geolocation
- What is Our Dynamic Services Approach?
- What will be the digital actions shortly in the future?
- Maximize Your Internet Marketing Potential With These Suggestions
- How to use Twitter to drive traffic to your website?
- How to Rank Better for Local Searches on Google