Pancakes Rule Breakfast in Gatlinburg
- Author Kirk Wiliiam
- Published January 24, 2011
- Word count 492
If you love to start your day off with a big delicious breakfast then the pancake houses found in Gatlinburg with not disappoint. Before you enjoy the outdoors and all that the Gatlinburg area has to offer stop in to treat yourself to a satisfying meal. Both visitors and locals alike frequent these old fashioned establishments to feast on fluffy pancakes, and spend time with family and friends.
The secret of this breakfast favorite lies in the batter, and you will not find any pre-made pancake mix at these restaurants. The pancakes made in Gatlinburg are made by combining the key ingredients of butter, flour, baking powder, milk, eggs, sugar, and salt. If you are looking for an added kick to the original pancake there are endless options available to complement them. After the batter is prepared they are cooked using either a griddle or hot pan, making sure to cook them evenly on both sides. Serve them with your favorite fruit or just go with the traditional butter and syrup, either way you are in for quite a treat. Many people say that your visit to Gatlinburg is not complete until you try the pancakes at one of these three restaurants.
The Pancake Pantry has been flipping pancakes since 1960 and customers have been coming back for their tasty favorites ever since. They put a different spin on the traditional pancake with their sweet potato, Caribbean, or Wild Blueberry pancakes in addition to offering other traditional breakfast favorites. The warm cabin-like atmosphere here adds to the overall experience as well. This institution is a favorite of locals and tourists so you may encounter a bit of a wait, but the pancakes are well worth your time.
If you are looking for variety and beauty to go along with your breakfast then stop by Atrium Pancakes. Guests can take in the view of a gorgeous waterfall while they ponder over the 25 different varieties of pancakes offered. Sample anything from the classic buttermilk pancake, to those made with fresh fruit compote such as apple cinnamon or blackberry. If you are looking for something sweet go for the chocolate covered strawberry pancakes or the ones with M&M’s. Those looking for something other than flapjacks will not be disappointed with their walnut or pecan hotcakes or you can even try their waffles. Many of their pancake recipes are garnering attention as well with their Atrium Baked Apple Pancake being featured in Taste of Home Magazine.
Another tasty breakfast stop is the Log Cabin Pancake House. Featuring two locations and a buffet style you are sure to enjoy the old fashioned country cooking served up here. With their many varieties of pancakes and favorites such as French Toast Royale or the Parisienne Crepes you are sure to wake your taste buds. So on your next trip to Gatlinburg round up the family and venture to one of these great pancake houses for a real treat.
I have spent more than 7 years traveling the US as an adventure and vacation writer for Bluegreen, and more than 10 years visiting the most impressive destinations across the country. So it is like second nature for me to combine these two. I get to spend my time visiting colorful places, playing golf, taking pictures and writing about my Bluegreen experiences on www.colorfulplaces.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How the safety of materials in your cookware determines the purity and integrity of your food?
- Herbs to Boost Testosterone Naturally and Quickly
- Which Foods Increase Testosterone The Most?
- Which Foods Increase Testosterone The Most?
- Bradley’s Fish Factory - leading fish and seafood delivery company UK
- Is Avocado A Fruit Or Vegetable
- Raita is cool. Pachadi is cooler. Make more Pachadi.
- FRESH SEAFOOD Our Fresh and Frozen Seafood will Delight You
- How to make the best pour over coffee
- Kitchener Meat Grinder Features - What to Look For
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration