Printer Ink FAQs
- Author Kathryn Dawson
- Published February 13, 2011
- Word count 638
People are often a little unsure about printer ink and what it is they need to buy, so this article is designed to help out. There are so many different types of ink and cartridges and that's even before you get onto toner. With so many different aspects of printing and buying printer ink it can be impossible to understand it all. This article covers some of the most well known questions and queries about printer ink.
What is printer ink?
This is simply the ink that is used in a printer so it can print pages of text and images. Printer ink is stored in cartridges and when the cartridge has been used up it can be easily and cleanly replaced. There is both black ink available and coloured too. Generally speaking black ink is the cheapest to buy so often people choose to only print in black and white to keep printing costs down.
Are printer ink and toner the same thing?
They are not the same although they both have the same purpose- printing sheets of text and images from printers. Toner is used in laser printers whilst ink is purely for inkjet printers. The two terms are often used interchangeably however. Toner is not a liquid but instead a powder and it is burned onto the paper. Ink is liquid and works a bit like a fountain pen.
Which is better, an inkjet printer or a laser printer?
Each one has its own advantages and disadvantages. Laser printers tend to be more expensive to run, however they can print off more pages per hour than an inkjet printer can. Laser printers work well in offices or places where large volumes of printing are done each day. Inkjet printers work well in the home or in offices where only occasional printing is done.
Where do you buy printer ink and toner from?
It is possible to purchase printer ink and toner on the high street or at your local computer hardware shop. Be warned however that the best deals are found online. High street stores usually always have higher prices because of greater overheads to include in the price. When you buy online you can have delivery straight to your door too which saves you time and petrol money going to the shop.
What type of printer is right for me?
This will depend on what the printer is for. To begin with, write a list of what you will use the printer for. Estimate how often you will be printing and how important the documents you are printing will be. For example will you be printing mainly documents for work? Will the printing be just for things for your reference only? Once you have decided this you can work out whether a very high quality and high speed laser printer will be necessary or simply an inkjet.
How to I change the toner or cartridge?
This is a very simple process and involves opening the "hatch" on the printer, removing the old cartridge and slotting in a new one. There are likely to be instructions on the printer itself and more detailed instructions in the leaflet or instruction manual that came with the printer.
What do I do with the old cartridge?
These can't be used again, although in some cases it may be possible to buy refill packs online. This is not really recommended however as they don't print very well and can run out quickly. The cartridge is for the bin unless the website or shop where you bought it takes it back for recycling.
Whatever printer ink you need, from dell ink cartridges to hp printer ink cartridges and more, shop online for the best deals available and to talk to knowledgeable staff who can talk you through the whole process.
There are no posted comments.
- How you can Install and keep Mannequin Head Model Props
- Skip The Drive And Buy Your Swishers Sweets Online
- Picture made with Text: A gift perfects for all situation
- Appreciating your silent heroes with Photo to words
- A Revolution for Change | Modern Art
- The Beginner's Guide to Kamado Grills
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Rice Cooker
- 7 Different Types of Crystal Glass Decanters Homeowners Must Know
- Vape Coils | eJuice Direct
- 4 Reasons Why a House Party Host Must Consider Crystal Glassware Items
- Smart Considerations before Investing on Crystal Glassware
- FAA Order of Right-Away Challenged by Unmanned Aircraft Or UAVs?
- Pianoforall Reviewed: Secrets To Learn How To Play Piano Fast And Easy!
- Why Should You Have To Wear Designer Watches
- 5 Essential Crystalware to Deck up your Home during Celebrations
- How to Clean Coroplast Cage?
- Guide To Choose Perfect Striped Pillow Cases
- Which Dental X-Rays Machine Is Worth To Buy
- Best Buy Acquires GreatCall, A Leading Connected Health Services Provider.
- Jones & Black E Liquid Review
- Adding Flare to Your Translation Tool Kit
- How Does Beard Oil Work?
- 4 Unparalleled Features of Modern Headphones
- Why Alpaca?
- Landline vs VoIP - Smarter BusinessVoIP vs. landline: which is better for your business telecoms?
- Take a Look at Mi Max 2 Online and Compare Before Buying
- Know the Various Features of Latest Redmi Note 4
- Know About Various Types of Trolleys Make Work Easier?
- Lenovo K6 Power, Phab 2 Plus - Smartphones for Budget-Conscious Segment!