The Canon EOS 5OD Digital SLR Camera Review
- Author Pavel Kyral
- Published February 11, 2011
- Word count 625
The Canon EOS 5OD was launched around the usual Canon schedule as a replacement for the well-received 40D model which preceded that. The 50D slots firmly straight into the center of Canon's Digital SLR camera selection and offers powerful performance for the mid-range price ticket. When compared to the 40D, this camera has a higher resolution, enhanced live view features as well as a new menu interface providing you with a greater level of customisation and also control.
The 50D includes a proprietary 15.1 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor, as well as an exciting brand new DIGIC IV 14-bit processor chip. On the rear of the camera there is a 3 inch LCD screen that has much better resolution and is easier to use under strong sunlight. The aforementioned live view feature has reached its second generation with the 50D. which right now utilizes a Luntrast recognition AF mode allowing automatic focus without on-screen interruption.
The 50D is quite significant in size and one of the bulkier model DSLR cameras. The control placement, as well as subsequent menu navigation, can take a bit of becoming familiar with which can distract from the picture taking activity currently happening. The buttons can be smooth and also close together and you can click a different button, particularly for all those with larger fingers. In case you are a Canon veteran, the control structure will be familiar, but for those more accustomed to some other brand names, you'll have to readjust.
There is a generous amount of grip within the on the right-hand part of the 50D, therefore one-handed digital photography is possible. even though camera weight may put you off taking pictures like this for extended amounts of time. When coupled with a lens, the 50D may become rather cumbersome when employed for manual, from-the-eye shots.
Fortunately, the Canon selection carries along with it the extraordinary mantra of quality overall performance, and also the 50D is no exception to this history. If you are seeking the DSLR which is fast, then look no further. The 50D will take photos so quickly you won't think it possible that could have auto-magically focused in such a quick frame of time. With shutter lag of just .02 secs, you will not at any time need to miss a shot opportunity.
The 9-point autofocus method has been inherited from the 40D, but it is been enhanced upon. This equals quicker autofocus, which includes exceptional performance in the low-light conditions. Although improved, the autofocus characteristic is not without its imperfections. It may have odd focus choices even if both digital camera and target are stationary, which may result in images which lack crucial focus for enlargement purposes.
The lithium-ion life of the battery is superb, with the 50D capable of collect 800 shots (no flash) on a single charge, or 640 pictures when using 50% flash. The Canon standard of not including built-in picture stabilisation is continued with the 50D. The flip side for this potential negative however, is the fact that Canon has an extensive distinctive line of image-stabilised lenses which do a superb job associated with controlling image stability.
The DIGIC IV image processor high quality glimpse. The true issue using the 50D would be that the picture top quality is as strong as the lens which you attach to it. Without a high-quality lens attached, photos will turn out soft with a lack of crisp detail.
If a fast auto-focus program, extremely high resolution CMOS sensors as well as an impressive high ISO performance are what you look for in a Digital SLR camera, then a EOS 50D is a sound selection. On the reverse side, the particular complicated navigation method as well as menus structure, weight and also auto-focus accuracy work in opposition to the 50D.
More information on:
You are authorized to distribute and publish this article in its entirety, without changes, including the author's resource box. Pavel Kyral is a recognized authority on many aspects of Photography, Film and TV. Being in his business since 1977. He has over 40 years of professional experience.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How you can Install and keep Mannequin Head Model Props
- Skip The Drive And Buy Your Swishers Sweets Online
- Picture made with Text: A gift perfects for all situation
- Appreciating your silent heroes with Photo to words
- A Revolution for Change | Modern Art
- The Beginner's Guide to Kamado Grills
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Rice Cooker
- 7 Different Types of Crystal Glass Decanters Homeowners Must Know
- Vape Coils | eJuice Direct
- 4 Reasons Why a House Party Host Must Consider Crystal Glassware Items
- Smart Considerations before Investing on Crystal Glassware
- FAA Order of Right-Away Challenged by Unmanned Aircraft Or UAVs?
- Pianoforall Reviewed: Secrets To Learn How To Play Piano Fast And Easy!
- Why Should You Have To Wear Designer Watches
- 5 Essential Crystalware to Deck up your Home during Celebrations
- How to Clean Coroplast Cage?
- Guide To Choose Perfect Striped Pillow Cases
- Which Dental X-Rays Machine Is Worth To Buy
- Best Buy Acquires GreatCall, A Leading Connected Health Services Provider.
- Jones & Black E Liquid Review
- Adding Flare to Your Translation Tool Kit
- How Does Beard Oil Work?
- 4 Unparalleled Features of Modern Headphones
- Why Alpaca?
- Landline vs VoIP - Smarter BusinessVoIP vs. landline: which is better for your business telecoms?
- Take a Look at Mi Max 2 Online and Compare Before Buying
- Know the Various Features of Latest Redmi Note 4
- Know About Various Types of Trolleys Make Work Easier?
- Lenovo K6 Power, Phab 2 Plus - Smartphones for Budget-Conscious Segment!