Composite Roof Shingles
- Author Derek Farley
- Published March 11, 2011
- Word count 413
More homeowners these days are choosing to cover their roofs with composite roof shingles instead of natural wood or stone. Their beautiful uniform appearance as well as sturdy construction makes them a good alternative to the other more traditional wood, slate or clay options. With composite shingles you get the beauty of a natural product and the strength and durability of a well manufactured product.
Composite shingles have the look and feel of traditional wood or asphalt but they far surpass their competition in durability. Known for their resistance to weather and structural hardiness, these shingles are not susceptible to rot cracking or decay. While most manufactures guarantee their asphalt shingle for 15 to 20 years, composite ones are often backed for 30 to 50 years. In some cases they even have a lifetime guarantee which is relatively unheard of in the roofing industry. Imagine installing your roof one time and never having to replace it again yourself; now that is a great deal!
The composite shingle offers a wide range of options when it comes to colors and sizes. They are usually manufactured in a way in which the colors and styles may be mixed to create a truly custom roof. Some home builders make use of diamond patterned shingles to create an appealing, unique refined look to the roof. Some of the advantages of this type of shingle in comparison to conventional ones are that the tiles are typically fire and wind resistant, easy to maintain and install, and are affordable to the average homeowner. In most cases they are much lighter weight-wise than slate, adding less stress to the roof and structural supporting members. They are also much friendlier to foot traffic.
For those concerned about wanting the 'real feel' and look of a slate roof, keep in mind that in most cases, if you choose to go with composite shingles, you will likely be the only person that knows that it's not real slate. Manufactures have come a long way in simulating the innate tone and even the 'nature' of regular slate, making composite tiles in a way that they will weather over time, just like their natural counterpart.
As a bonus, many manufactures of composite roof tiles use environmentally friendly materials in fabrication giving the homeowner a sense of pride. The best thing about these shingles is that they will last much longer which makes them superior in most opinions to the alternatives that are available on the market to choose from.
You can learn more about architectural roof shingles, and get much more information, articles and resources about roofing shingles by visiting roofing shinglesArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach
- How LED Lights Benefit Senior Citizens’ Health