Perfect Fit Blinds for the roof and the side windows
- Author Colin Staplehurst
- Published March 18, 2011
- Word count 595
Here on of those questions that our clients really should ask of us: If I have the perfect fit pleated blinds on the roof what choice have I got for the sides?
Well this can be an interesting scenario as once the clip in blinds have been fitted on the roof the customer likes them so much they want to know the options for the sides. Admittedly you will normally see standard blinds like verticals, rollers and Venetians fitted in many conservatories however people tend to really like the idea of no holes being drilled. Of course traditional side blinds need holes!
Don’t forget either that clip in blinds move with the window so if you have ‘tilt and turn’ window openings this type may be your only option. This leads to more versatility and control of light in your conservatory too as now each pane of glass has its own blind.
One important point to bear in mind with perfect fit clip in side blind frames is that they are not the same section or clips as used in the roof. The clips don’t need to support the whole weight of the blind so they are not as big and hence easier to clip in to small top windows. But do bear in mind with any variety of Perfect Fit blind there is a frame around it and therefore the finished glass area you see through is slightly smaller.
So what are your choices?
Firstly of course you can have pleated blinds to match those in the roof (remember it is ONLY possible to get clip in roof blind in the pleated variety). So just match the fabric and have the same on the sides. Normally you don’t need a rod to operate the blind, as they are reachable of course, because of this the movable bottom bar on the blind is specially shaped to fit the hand.
Secondly you could have Venetians, the advantage being even better control of the light in your room. There is a massive choice of slats and colours available so you will be spoilt for choice too!
However there comes a couple of disadvantages also, one is cleaning (the perennial ‘moan’ about any type of Venetian blind) the other is controls.
Controls you have to have are a tilt and a raise on the blinds. So all of a sudden the sleek lines of the clip in blind may be ruined in your mind. Also if you have pets or children you may not want dangling drawstrings all over the place. Remember 2 controls for each blind and one blind for each pane of glass for example a conservatory with 20 blinds will now have 40 hanging controls!
There is a way of having one control per blind and that is to use the clever ‘Uniwand’ control. However this will probably be an add-on cost.
Lastly there is a way of having NO controls on the blind but this is to use another type of clip in blind called Intu. This variety has a clever slider on the top rail to adjust the tilt and the draw is done by hand.
Third is the roller blind type. Still housed within the frame but now the blind is adjusted by hand just by tilting the bottom bar and moving the height of the blind to where you want it. So, no controls and a virtually unlimited choice of fabrics.
Hope that helps should you need any further advise don’t hesitate to get hold of us though our website
Conservatory Blinds Shop is the UK's leading supplier of Perfect Fit clip in conservatory roof and side blinds. For all the information and help you will need in selecting this type of blind you are in good hands.
Come pay us a visit at http://www.conservatoryblindsshop.coArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach
- How LED Lights Benefit Senior Citizens’ Health