Find Food, Fancy Footwork & Fun at the 11th Annual Saddle Up Festival
- Author Jim Watson
- Published March 5, 2011
- Word count 447
By Jim Watson
Who hasn't - at one time or another - dreamed of living a cowboy's life? The pounding hooves of horses galloping over the open range, cooking down-home grub over an open fire and sleeping out under the stars will make anyone crave the freedom of a bronco.
When you head to Pigeon Forge this February, you too can experience the best of cowboy life without the filthy clothes or the hard work. That's because Pigeon Forge is hosting the 11th Annual Saddle Up Festival filled with food, fancy footwork and a wagon load of fun.
Mosey on Over for a Visit
Never been to the Saddle Up Festival before? This multi-day event is centered around the heartland and those who've made it great. Put your boots on and get ready for a hoedown as you join in the celebration with dancing, concerts, a chuck wagon cook-off and more. The whole event wraps up with cowboy church on Sunday morning.
Knee-Slapping Music Fills the Air
Some of the biggest names in folk and country music will give you a knee-slapping good time as you stomp to the beat of their classic songs. The Quebe Sisters Band, Wylie and the Wild West, Gary & Jean Prescott, Ray Doyle, Yvonne Hollenbeck, Chris Isaacs, Brenn Hill and more will be onstage live. The price of concerts varies from $15 to $50.
Chuck Wagon Cook-off
You'll be licking your chops as members of the American Chuck Wagon Association's Southeast Chapter shoot it out for bragging rights during the 2011 Chuck Wagon Cook-off. You'll find all the traditional cowboy grub including chicken-fried steak, southern cornbread, homemade biscuits and much more. Yes… you get a plateful so be sure you come hungry. It costs $10, but proceeds go to help a worthy, local charity.
Even cowgirls love to shop, especially when they find such unique western-related goodies as those at the Western Marketplace. Admission is free to this shopper's paradise and opens the gate for you to wrangle some of the area's most sought-after arts, crafts and more.
Make Your Plans Now
The 11th Annual Saddle Up Festival is February 24 - 27 and promises to be the best event yet. To make your western adventure complete, rent a log cabin near the Smoky Mountains. Within a short drive to Pigeon Forge, TN, log cabins give you the freedom and privacy no hotel or motel can offer (and at a price that’s equal to or lower than commercial hotels in many cases).
Pack up the family and head off to one of the greatest celebrations of the American West. From cowboy poets to exceptional food, you'll hogtie enough memories to last for years to come.
Jim Watson is Owner of Timbercreek Cabins offering cabins near the Smoky Mountains. Vacation rentals are now available. Visit [http://www.timbercreekcabins.com](http://www.timbercreekcabins.com) today for a complete listing of cabin rentals. © 2011, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- These cooking pots are best because they are both healthy and non-toxic
- Which Foods Increase Testosterone The Most?
- How Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
- How Much Weight Can YOU Lose by Drinking Green Tea?
- When Is The Best Time To Drink Green Tea For Weight Loss?
- Climate Change Data Sets for Machine Learning
- Sentiment Analysis Tools and Services for Machine Learning
- Human Translation
- Touch-and-Go Fathering Style
- Why and when did humankind switch to metal cookware, and what have been the effects?
- Here is where to get earthenware clay cooking pots in the USA
- How to Select a Good Yoga Training
- 5 Tips to Choose the Best Lawyer in Dubai For Your Case
- How To Deal With Production Problems In China?
- How do Fat girls Avoid Inferiority and Maintain Self-confidence?
- How to evaluate your Marketing plan?
- Enjoy ultimate creative freedom with ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2021
- All In One Internet Marketing Software 2020(Get +Limited time Offer)
- 5 Things I wish I have known when I started using Essential Oils
- 5 Tips For Buying A Bike Online
- How can I learn intermediate accounting?
- logo design service
- How Mobile Phone Towers Could Help Monitor Rainfall in Developing Countries
- 4 Reasons Why Young Men Prefer Mature Women
- New Platform for Online Niche Dating Service
- Post-COVID Job Hunt And Hiring Practices
- Tips to Choose the Best Skin Whitening Cream in The World
- How to Lighten Darkened Skin ?
- Very Basic Skin Care Tips for Dark Skin
- How to Lighten Skin for African American