Contemporary Kitchen Design
- Author Derek Farley
- Published March 8, 2011
- Word count 410
A contemporary kitchen design means different thing to different people. For some it is a clean bold look, for others it involves simple lines and geometric themes, or it is about ultimate ease and comfort while meeting culinary needs, and finally it is always original.
In the contemporary kitchen with the clean bold look it is important to neatly store away as many items as possible and what is left on display should contribute to the modern feel, not lessen it. It basically requires ridding the area of clutter. The kitchen should have bold, bright colors like blues, greens and reds to make it different and to create a modern finish. It is necessary that every choice be carefully made giving the kitchen just the right touch, like putting icing on a cake.
The authentic contemporary design is also at all times original and the successful approach to this requires a lot of experience and expertise plus the highest confidence. Sometimes, in order to achieve what is believed to be correct proportion, light, and form it is necessary to do structural work like raising ceilings, replacing windows and moving doors. This leaves no room for compromise. Colors are used boldly and dramatically while surfaces and textures are chosen for the utmost impact. Everything is precise, details are perfect, equipment is selected for a carefully considered space and furniture is custom-made.
Contemporary kitchen designs can also be characterized by geometric themes and simple lines, which is often called the minimalist style because the lack of a specific design thrives and unnecessary accompaniments are not included. An asymmetrical balance is often found in such a modern or contemporary kitchen design.
In addition man-made materials like plastic, acrylic, linoleum, laminates, chrome, concrete, and glass are commonly used in contemporary designs, however natural materials like wood, granite, and stone can most assuredly be incorporated into the same design to soften the industrial sense of the contemporary design and to complement the man made elements.
Eco-friendly and green materials should also be considered in a modern kitchen. Energy-efficient appliances will save on costs as well as on energy and flooring can be chosen from materials like sustainable or hardwood varieties or bamboo. A method for managing recycling should also be included.
Designing a functional contemporary kitchen design will provide your family with a simple, clean, fresh look which will remain up to date for years to come and will impress any visitors to your home.
You can learn about kitchen cabinet design, and get more articles and resources about kitchen designs at Modern KitchensArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design