Smoky Mountain Bike Festival offers Harleys, Hot Wings and a Heck of a Lot of Fun
- Author Jim Watson
- Published April 28, 2011
- Word count 463
By Jim Watson
White water rafting, horseback riding, manicured golf courses, 600 miles of hiking trails, pristine streams plentifully packed with fish, an awe-inspiring historic national park and a museum filled with a rich mixture of oddities and wonders.
You’re thinking, "This definitely sounds like a part of Europe." And while you may be correct, you won't need expensive plane tickets, customs queues and dodgy airplane food to enjoy the activities listed above.
Welcome to the southern comfort of Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Known for its glamorous country music scene, home-style cooking, amiable hospitality and the legendary Smoky Mountains, Gatlinburg is about to add another credit to its tourism lineup especially for die-hard motorcyclists.
On April 29, 2011, the inaugural Smoky Mountain Bike Fest will kick off, with a roaring start, in the heart of Gatlinburg. Over the course of three days, your senses will shift into overdrive, as you experience a potent concoction, of thunderous engines, brilliant paint jobs, chicken wings, cotton candy, live music, dancing, a fashion show, a vintage motorcycle exhibit, a contemporary bike show and so much more. If you’ve ever craved the open road, watched "Easy Rider" multiple times or wanted to legally change your name to Harley-Davidson, this event should not be missed.
The Smoky Mountain Bike Festival is the brainchild of local resident Glen Almany. An avid biker, Mr. Almany has taken part in four rallies over the past two years. After receiving passionate encouragement from local shops and other businesses, Mr. Almany decided to cultivate his dream project. Two years later, that dream is about to go full throttle.
The festival promises to attract a horde of impassioned motorcyclists, curious enthusiasts, a multitude of vendors and prominent media outlets from across the United States. This is your chance to sample a slice of historic Americana and make a memorable addition to your scrapbook. If you’re still not convinced, consider these added fringe benefits: free parking, walking-distance convenience to local shops and restaurants, and the proverbial cherry on top; easy access to the Smoky Mountain National Park and the prestigious English Mountain Dragstrip.
"I’m sold," you say. "One last question; what about Gatlinburg’s noted restaurant scene?" Lest you forget, you’re in a town prided for its first class culinary hotspots. Care of such famous establishments as The Peddler Steakhouse, Hard Rock Café and Smoky Mountain Brewery & Restaurant, you can satisfy your culinary palette, with everything from succulent porterhouses and prime ribs, to five-star burgers (packed with trimmings) and fries to ribs so tender you could cut them with your napkin.
This spring, April showers will bring May flowers and Gatlinburg, Tennessee will bring a cavalcade of two-handled hogs, heavenly food and drink, and enough entertainment to give Las Vegas a run for its poker chips.
Jim Watson is Owner of Timbercreek Cabins offering lodging near Pigeon Forge. Cabin rentals are now available. Visit [http://www.timbercreekcabins.com](http://www.timbercreekcabins.com) today for a complete listing of cabin rentals. © 2011, All Rights ReservedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Industrial and Decorative Uses Of Copper
- Good Soil Composition is the Key to Low-Maintenance Lawns
- Growing Healthy Tomatoes: Diseases and Fungi Prevention
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Why USD is a Safe Haven During the Crisis
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- How to Trim a Hedge Properly
- The Largest Trees in the UK
- Best Eco Tours in Goa - List of Trekking and Nature Activities
- 5 Places to Watch Weathering With You Online
- What If Everyone Participated on the Ownership Side of the US Economy?
- Nesting Birds and The Effects on Tree Work
- How to learn easy English grammar with saifulsgrammar learning program
- Hard Drive Cloning Software - What It Is and Why You Need It
- The Best Gift on This Father’s Day
- Advantages of Having a Home-Based Job
- Skip The Drive And Buy Your Swishers Sweets Online
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- Take This Crap Off Your Resume If You Want An Interview!
- Being a creative professional and a good sport
- Filming a video interview: How to be a good interviewee
- Spec Work: The setbacks and benefits
- The Keys to Smoother Credit Rolls
- What they don’t tell you about owning a creative small business.
- Year Round Lawn Care and Maintenance
- Let's End Wage Slavery in the USA
- Proactive Business Strategies to Covid-19
- Potential benefits to Hiring an Interior Designer