Nuclear Radiation Protection Protocol
- Author Isaac Eliaz
- Published May 27, 2011
- Word count 884
As the nuclear crisis escalates in Japan, people across the world but particularly in the US are asking what they can do to protect themselves from exposure to nuclear radiation fallout. Self-medicating with ongoing high doses of potassium iodine is strongly discouraged because of the negative health effects that large doses of this supplement can have on thyroid and overall health. While potassium iodine is useful in the prevention of thyroid cancer from radioactive iodine exposure, high doses are only necessary if there is an imminent threat of acute exposure. It does not protect against other radioactive isotopes that are also present in nuclear fallout.
The two single most important compounds that have been clinically and scientifically proven to remove radioactive particles from the body are pectins and alginates, both contained in a modified citrus pectin/ modified alginate formula. In addition there are other botanicals and nutrients that help the body remove radiation and protect DNA . Below is an outline of my recommended protocol for total body defense against all forms of radiation, including nuclear fallout.
Protection Protocol and Dosages
A prevention and treatment protocol which addresses nuclear radiation exposure requires a multi-dimensional approach, outlined in these key points:
If acute radiation exposure is imminent, protect your thyroid from radioactive iodine by taking a one-time high dose of 130 mg of potassium iodine (children take 65mg) no sooner than 24 hours before acute exposure. Iodine lasts in the body for only 24 hours, and taking more than a one-time high dose is not recommended, especially if you have thyroid issues or are sensitive to iodine, unless there is ongoing acute exposure. This supplement works by saturating the thyroid with enough therapeutic iodine, thus preventing absorption of radioactive iodine. Prevent absorption of radioactive particles and remove radioactive isotopes from the body using clinically proven modified citrus pectin (MCP), and a modified citrus pectin/ modified alginate formula. These two supplements contain natural modified pectins, with the latter formula containing additional modified sodium alginates. Pectins and alginates have both been used successfully to treat Chernobyl victims and have been proven to bind to and remove radioactive isotopes such as Cesium-137 and Strontium-90 from the digestive tract and tissues. These formulas have been modified to allow their absorption into the circulatory system, so they can chelate heavy metals and radioactive particles in both the digestive tract as well as in the blood stream. Dosages: MCP/modified alginate formula - start with 3 capsules, twice daily, on an empty stomach, at least a half hour before food. Best taken early morning and before bed. If radiation exposure becomes imminent, increase to 4 capsules, three times a day for as long as there is radiation exposure and for 2-4 weeks thereafter, then reduce to 4 capsules twice daily for one month, followed by 3 capsules, twice daily until there are no traces of radiation readings and damage.
Two weeks after starting the MCP/modified alginate formula, follow with a phase two detoxification supplement, which contains botanicals and nutrients such as cilantro, milk thistle, dandelion, selenium, along with sulfur compounds, all of which help the body protect and detoxify from radiation exposure. The use of MCP/modified alginates and a phase two detoxification supplement will help to eliminate heavy metals and toxins as well, which is critical as these harmful pollutants can further aggravate the oxidative stress and DNA damage from radiation exposure. When used withMCP/modified alginate formula, the phase two detox formula will help to support tissue specific detoxification and help the body cope with radiation damage and the intense detox process needed at such times. Dosages: Add the phase two detox formula 3x2/day, with food, 2 weeks after starting MCP/modified alginate formula, and if exposed to radiation, one day after starting MCP/modified alginates.
(These dosage recommendations are general recommendations. If you have specific health issues you may want to consult your health provider and modify your protocol accordingly.)
- Protect cellular DNA from damage and mutation with an antioxidant rich diet and extra supplementation. High powered antioxidants and free radical scavengers which can help protect cells from radiation exposure include vitamin C, A, E, lipoic acid, selenium, glutathione, vitamin - D3, beta-1,3 glucans, sea buckthorn, and others. Medicinal mushrooms, in particular Reishi and Cordyceps, protect tissues from radiation-related anoxia (oxygen deprivation), oxidative stress and inflammation, while collecting toxic materials from the body. Due to these actions and their critical support of the immune system, these and other medicinal mushrooms can play an important role in protection from radiation exposure. Clinically, medicinal mushrooms are used to prevent tissue damage from radiation therapy, which poses dangers similar to radioactive fallout exposure. Finally, it is important to consume a diet high in potassium rich foods and dark leafy greens, bulky fiber and plenty of pure water.
Despite all that is going on around us, it is important to keep stress levels to a minimum so that our energy can be used productively to help ourselves and others. For more information about current radiation exposure risks, there are a few websites that are monitoring radiation levels in various parts of the country throughout the day. One of these can be found at www.radiationnetwork.com. Stay tuned for more information as this situation unfolds, and remember to stay calm while keeping yourself and your family healthy and protected.
Dr. Isaac Eliaz is a respected author, lecturer, researcher, product formulator, and clinical practitioner. He has been a pioneer in the field of integrative medicine since the early 1980s. Dr. Eliaz is a frequent guest lecturer on integrative medical approaches to health, immune enhancement, and cancer prevention and treatment.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Major types of surface disinfectants and their action mechanism
- Advantages & Disadvantages of Commonly used Chemicals for Surface Disinfection
- U.S and World News Headlines
- Newsweek USA
- The latest UK and World news
- The Sun News
- 3 Important Principles for Notary Translation
- Breaking News & Top Stories
- Changes Being Made To ACS in April 2019
- The Boeing B-737 Max 8 Smoke Screen - Flight Safety Should Never Be 'Optional'
- Freedom of the Press: Still Vital or Not?
- New America Media Announces Closure of Organization
- To Save Combat Veterans From Committing Suicide: A Diathesis Stress Model for the VA
- Poignant Confirmation Questions for a U.S. Supreme Court Nominee, Asked But Not Clearly Answered
- US Terrorist Attacks Fast Facts
- Anonymity or $560 Million
- Social Security Changes You Should Expect in 2018
- Multicoloured UFO Hovers Over Repentigny, Quebec
- Motives for Murder
- Why Drunk Driving is Bad
- Obama Care Opposition and Women's Healthcare
- The Cop Blaster Just Made Police Misconduct Reporting Easy
- I Turned Down $1 Million
- Florida Phosphate Industry Practices Severely Disturb Navigable Waterways?
- Get Ready for Winter Mayhem!
- Investors grow impatient on Indonesia’s Infrastructure
- Casual Marijuana Use may Come With Some Not-So-Casual Side Effects
- Casual Marijuana Use may Come With Some Not-So-Casual Side Effects
- The New Killer Instinct Season 2
- California Drought Update 2014