Serve delicious Crab cakes for a seafood dinner date!
- Author Make Smith
- Published May 31, 2011
- Word count 481
Do you want to impress your sweetheart just like that? Well, that’s not that difficult at all. Here are two simple yet delicious seafood dinner recipes to help you get a head start.
Crab cakes serve as an excellent main course dish. It is simple to prepare and takes very little time. Read on to find out a few easy to cook crab cakes recipe that can serve as a great seafood dinner.
Crab meat- 2 cans
Minced garlic- 1 teaspoon
Chopped onion- 1 number
Salt- 1 teaspoon
Pepper- ½ teaspoon
Egg- 1 number
Bread crumbs- ½ cup
Vegetable oil as per requirement
Start by mixing the entire crab meat along with garlic, salt, egg, onion, bread crumbs and pepper in a bowl. Once the ingredients are mixed well, make small patties out of them. Put some oil in the frying pan and drop those patties into the oil to fry them. Cook the patties unless they turn brown on one side. Flip on the other side to fry the other end. Once both the sides are fried, remove them from the frying pan to serve them hot with tartar sauce. Your crab cakes are ready to be relished!
There are also various ways to make seafood dinner with crab cakes. There is another procedure:
Egg- 1 number
Lemon Juice- 2 teaspoons
Worcestershire sauce- ½ teaspoon
Mayonnaise- 1 ½ cups
Mustard (dry)- ½ teaspoon
Celery seed- ¼ teaspoon
Seasoning- 2 teaspoons
Pepper- ¼ teaspoon
Salt- ¼ teaspoon
Crab meat (big piece) - 1 pound
Chopped parsley- 1 tablespoon
Bread crumbs- 1 ½ cups for coating and 2 tablespoons extra.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Blend the egg in a bowl; add the lemon juice, mayonnaise and the Worcestershire sauce. Take another bowl and mix the celery seeds, dry mustard, seasoning, pepper and salt altogether. Once they are mixed, now add the dry and the wet ingredients together.
Remove the shells from the crabmeat and add the parsley with two tablespoon of bread crumbs. Mix all of these very gently so that the crab meat does not crumble.
Now add the crab mixture with the wet mixture and then blend them well. Then make 3 inch crab cakes out of this mixture. Once the crab cakes are made, coat them with the bread crumbs. Put the entire crab cakes into the refrigerator for an hour so that the crab cakes get chilled.
After an hour, bring out the crab cakes and put them on a greased cookie sheet. Bake the crab cakes for the next 20 minutes or at least until the cakes turn slight brown on the outside. Once that is done, your seafood dinner is finally ready. You can serve the crab cakes with tartar sauce or the cocktail sauce. You can also make it simpler by serving the crab cakes with a squeeze of lemon.
Now wasn't that really simple? So what are you waiting for? Impress your sweetheart with a delicious seafood dinner tonight!
There are no posted comments.
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties
- Use Water Dispensers and Routines to Lose Weight
- 3 Common Issues with a Water Cooler Dispenser
- 4 Great Food Options for Overcoming Hunger Pangs When Dieting
- Aussie Natural Spring Water
- Healthy Living