Know About the Types of Electric Infrared Heaters by Materials
- Author Nate Rodney
- Published June 17, 2011
- Word count 548
Electric infrared heaters like any other heaters are designed to warm up the given space. Unlike the traditional heating systems, which heat up the air, these heaters transfer the heat directly to the objects. The design of these infrared heaters is very flexible and can add up many additional features. This led to evolution of various types. And if you are thinking of installing an electric infrared heating system, knowing the various types available would make your choice better, fulfilling the actual purpose.
While considering an infrared heater, it is very much necessary to know of what material it is made up of. The materials used in the production of heaters, exhibit a vital property called 'Emissivity', which is actually the measure of quality of radiations emitted by the heaters. Different materials have different emissivities. Therefore, by knowing the basic materials used and the extent of requirement, one can take well informed and right purchasing decision. The basic materials used in the production of electric infrared heaters are:
Quartz infrared heaters consist of an electric filament (usually made up of tungsten), which is enclosed in a clear quartz tube or bulb. This electric filament on passing the electricity gets heated gradually and is stored inside the quartz tube. On reaching the right temperature, these quartz tubes start emitting the infrared radiations. These radiations when emitted are absorbed directly by the object without heating the air.
Quartz tubes or bulbs are characterized by instant on and off heating, i.e., they have fast response time. These heaters provide uniform and uni-directional heating. They produce gentle and even heating and hence are mostly used for space heating in homes and offices. They are also used in chemical processing, paint drying, food processing and thawing of frozen materials, sterilizing, radiant heat processes and high speed production processes.
Ceramic is the most efficient heating source in terms of emissivity when compared to all the other metals. It means that high amount of infrared radiations are emitted through these heaters, resulting in effective heating. The ceramic heaters produce heat when the electricity is passed through the ceramic plates in the heater. This heat is distributed all throughout the space with the help of fans present in front of the plates within the heater. Unlike the quartz heaters, these heaters produce heat slowly. The ceramic heaters are equipped with thermostats which do not allow overheating, thus avoiding safety risks.
Apart from homes, they are also used in processes such as, curing, saunas, drying, cooking, thermoforming, shrink wrapping and so on.
Metal sheaths are specially designed for low space heating. They have a heating element covered by various materials like aluminum, copper, iron, stainless steel and brass. They are specifically used in rugged environments. The metal sheathed electric heaters are mostly seen in a house hold electric oven. Heavy duty metal sheath infrared heaters are used in factories, warehouses, machine shops and maintenance areas. They are highly safe, have high longevity and are highly durable.
All the above three materials have their own advantages. Based on the intensity of heating required, one should choose the infrared heater. But irrespective of the material used, all the infrared heaters are good sources of heating systems, which are highly productive, cost efficient and eco-friendly.
Edenpure infrared portable quartz heaters can dramatically reduce heating costs and are safe around children and pets. At Eden pure infrared heaters Canada, we constantly strive to bring you quality products and services that will save you money. In addition to Edenpure water you can also purchase air purifier, water purifier and electric fireplace from us. We offer free shipping on your Edenpure Heaters purchase.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach
- How LED Lights Benefit Senior Citizens’ Health