Riding Mower Purchasing Tips
- Author Kurt Zier
- Published June 18, 2011
- Word count 518
The reasons why a person decides to purchase a riding mower are many and varied. One reason is that a person has gone from a small yard to a large yard. Another is that one's health no longer allows one to have the stamina it takes to walk behind or push a traditional mower. Whatever your reason for purchasing a riding mower, you might like a few tips on how to go about purchasing one.
The first tip is to figure out how big your yard actually is so that you can choose a riding mower with the right sized engine. If your lawn acreage is between half an acre to an acre, you will need an engine that gives you at least 14.5 horsepower for your riding mower. If your lawn is between one and two acres, then you would need closer to 16 horsepower. The point is that you don't want to buy a riding mower that has more power than you will require and spend a lot more money than you need to. The opposite is also true, as you will want to purchase a riding mower that can actually do the job you are purchasing it for, and if you get too small of an engine, then you will be disappointed.
The next tip is to look at the type of transmission that you want for your riding mower. If you have a basically level lawn with wide open spaces, then you will probably prefer a gear driven riding mower. However, if your landscaping includes many trees, flower beds, rock gardens, or other obstacles, then you will want to opt for a riding mower with an automatic transmission.
The next tip is to decide which attachments or accessories your yard actually needs. For instance, will you need a grass catcher or a mulcher with your riding mower? The width of the blade is also important. A wider blade on a riding mower works well with the wide lawn spaces while a shorter blade width may be best for the obstacle-filled yard. Turning radius is also something that many homeowners find is an important feature to consider in a riding mower. Talking with a service representative at your local home improvement store or garden canter can help you understand what features are available so you can decide which ones you want with your riding mower.
The final tip is to remember that when using a riding mower, you must carefully follow all safety precautions that are included. For instance, it is not safe to allow children to operate a riding mower or even to ride on one. Terrible accidents have happened when people have failed to follow this simple safety precaution. Another safety issue is operating a riding mower around people. This can be unsafe because things you run over with the mower can be thrown out at random angles and might injure a person in the vicinity. By following these tips, you will be able to purchase the right riding mower for your needs and will be able to enjoy it for many years.
Kurt Zier writes about home improvement and do-it-yourself projects for The Home Depot. He focuses on purchase decision considerations, extended protection programs, repairs, and types of services available in the marketplace. He also offers insights into product and service features and benefits.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach
- How LED Lights Benefit Senior Citizens’ Health
- How to move your house
- What Is a Registered Electrician and Do I Need One?
- Why Sealants and Adhesives are Important Correctional Resources?
- Make A New Year Resolution To Refit Your Kitchen, And Make Certain You Do It
- Making Every House a Home
- Should I Use Liquid Screed For My Next Floor Installation?