Painting Ideas for a Baby Nursery
- Author Jeremy Smith
- Published June 18, 2011
- Word count 419
One of the most fun parts of preparing for a new baby is decorating the nursery. It is possible to make the baby's room pop just by painting the walls in a complementary shade to crib bedding and other accessories. However, more creative painting ideas can make the room look worthy of a baby magazine photo spread. These three ideas will help moms-to-be find the inspiration they need to make their baby's nursery extra special.
Primary and secondary colors are popular in furniture, toys and bedding for children all the way through elementary school. Walls that are painted in these colors will work for kids for many years more than the delicate pastels that mothers may find so appealing. The long-lasting appeal these colors have for kids makes them an economical choice for budget-conscious moms. The colors are also gender neutral, ideal for moms who do not know whether they are having a boy or a girl. It may be a good idea to use one color for the ceiling and trim only and paint walls and doors in other primary and secondary colors. Yellow is a wonderful choice for the ceiling and trim. A warm yellow on the ceiling will reflect light around the room well and make the room appear more spacious.
Stencil designs are also popular in nurseries. Rocking horses, teddy bears and other designs are wonderful choices for children's bedrooms. Some moms prefer a more educational angle and choose alphabet stencils. These are great choices through Kindergarten, but kids may begin to feel that they are a little too immature for them by the time they start 2nd or 3rd grade at the latest.
Murals are by far the most unique, elaborate and when done well, beautiful, of ways to paint a nursery. A talented painter can make a mural to match bedding or blend in with furniture. For example, if the mother has selected Winnie the Pooh themed bedding, a painter may be able to paint a mural in the corner of the room to look like Pooh's thoughtful spot. Little girls might appreciate a mural that looks like the tea party from Alice in Wonderland. The painter can work to make a table where older toddlers might pretend to have a tea party look like it is just part of the design of the mural. There are lots of other themes that parents might choose. Many parents choose their own favorite characters from the books and movies they loved most in their childhood.
There are no posted comments.
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach
- How LED Lights Benefit Senior Citizens’ Health
- How to move your house
- What Is a Registered Electrician and Do I Need One?
- Why Sealants and Adhesives are Important Correctional Resources?
- Make A New Year Resolution To Refit Your Kitchen, And Make Certain You Do It
- Making Every House a Home
- Should I Use Liquid Screed For My Next Floor Installation?