Energy Star Central Air Conditioning Systems
- Author Kurt Zier
- Published June 23, 2011
- Word count 505
Central air conditioning has traditionally been a phrase that home owners are wary of. Not only are these units initially pricey, they used to come with large utility bills attached to them as well. The good news is that this technology is getting a whole lot better with the new Energy Star air conditioner. The EPA has worked with numerous manufacturers to keep new units to strict energy efficiency guidelines. Combined with lighter yet stronger materials, the results have produced higher-quality, longer lasting models with condensers running at much lower decibel rates.
A central Energy Star air conditioner today has been measured at using only one third of the amount of energy as those 20 years ago. They are also much smaller in size. An Energy Star air conditioner is required to be at least 14 percent more efficient than models that are similar. Also, central air units can be compared to one another by their Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER). This information can be found on the Department of Energy's yellow Energy Guide label. This will give a good indication of the amount of energy drawn from the particular Energy Star air conditioner in question.
One thing to keep in mind when purchasing an Energy Star air conditioner is performance in regards to running time. Some units may take more time to run to keep the temperature where you like it, which can dip into the energy savings. The primary consideration should be correctly sizing the unit to your home or building in which you intend to use it. Along with cooling the treated air with a refrigerant, a central Energy Star air conditioner will lower the relative humidity to between 40 and 60 percent. This creates a comfortable environment without leading to damp conditions.
A professional can help you calculate the amount of heat gain in your house and therefore help you pick an air conditioner that will be the most efficient in your home. The same ducts that carry warm air in the winter are used to carry cool air in the summer. This makes it twice as important that your ducts are tightly sealed at all registers and vent exhausts, and that all venting ducts and joints are inspected for leaks. For the cost of some sealing tape, you can be saving hundreds of dollars in leaked air.
One great advantage of a central Energy Star air conditioner is the fact that it can be connected to a programmable thermostat. Running your air conditioner while you are at work can lead to added utility costs, not to mention unnecessary negative impact on the environment. Newer thermostats can be set to achieve your family's desired temperature as well as humidity levels. They can be set to turn on and off at certain times of the day, as well as provide certain temperatures for day and night. They can be set at different temperatures for separate zones in the house, meaning everyone can enjoy the exact temperature desired maximizing everyone's personal comfort level.
Energy Star Air Conditioner
Kurt Zier writes about home improvement and do-it-yourself projects for The Home Depot. He focuses on purchase decision considerations, extended protection programs, repairs, and types of services available in the marketplace. He also offers insights into product and service features and benefits.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach
- How LED Lights Benefit Senior Citizens’ Health
- How to move your house
- What Is a Registered Electrician and Do I Need One?
- Why Sealants and Adhesives are Important Correctional Resources?
- Make A New Year Resolution To Refit Your Kitchen, And Make Certain You Do It
- Making Every House a Home
- Should I Use Liquid Screed For My Next Floor Installation?
- Advice for an Environmentally Sustainable Home Build