Alternatives to Home Security Systems
- Author Carl Bedford
- Published June 23, 2011
- Word count 504
Installing a home security system is a great idea for many reasons. Of course, this is not the right choice for everybody. There are many alternatives to installing a home security system, and you should know what they are before you make any final decisions. In addition to considering a home security system, you should think about the many alternatives and what they have to offer. You may be surprised to learn that you can combine several deterrents to get the level of safety that you are in need of.
For years, guard dogs have been a great way of deterring burglars. Generally speaking, there are two reasons for this. First off, many people are scared of dogs and do not want to run the risk of getting attacked as they break into your home. Secondly, a guard dog is going to make noise if you a burglar gains access to your property. In turn, you, as well as your neighbors, will be alerted – and that is not something that a thief wants to happen.
Another idea to consider is installing a fence around your yard. While thieves can climb over these, they would much rather not because it adds more obstacles to the job they are trying to accomplish. Along with a fence, you can strategically place trees and bushes to further deter criminals.
Video surveillance is an idea that many consider, but most overlook. This is not so much an alternative to a home security system. It is more of an addition. Having video surveillance, along with a home security system, is a great way of getting the best possible protection. Not only are you doing what you can to keep people out, but you can monitor your home, inside and out, so that you can see and record exactly what is going on.
Buy a home in a gated community. This is not something that everybody can afford to do, but if you are in the market for a new property it is a definite consideration. When you have a gate around your entire community you are one step ahead of criminals. Before they can ever get into your home they must first make their way into the community.
Finally, do not overlook cheaper options such as buying stickers and yard signs that shows the type of home security system that you have. Of course, these are nothing more than decoys as you do not actually have a system. Even though you know there is no home security system in place, criminals have no idea and usually won’t risk hitting a property with an alarm.
Buying and installing a home security system with monitoring is a great idea. This can keep you, your home, and your family safe at all times. But remember, there are other options to consider. Listed above are some of the most popular alternatives to home security systems. Consider these instead of or alongside a more traditional system to ensure that you get everything you need.
For more information on home security alarm systems, go to www.homesecuritymonitoring.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- SUMMARY - YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- How to Choose the Best Roof Installation Service Provider for Your House?
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design