How To Choose The Right Outdoor Lighting
- Author Lucy Pitt
- Published June 23, 2011
- Word count 355
With the summer months fast approaching we all want to spend as much time as possible outdoors.
Adding lighting to your outside spaces can extend the time that you can spend in your garden meaning you can really make the most of the summer months. In addition, outdoor lighting is an added security measure that can help keep your home safe.
But how do you ensure that you choose the right kind of lighting for your home? Follow these simple tips to find out.
Firstly, you need to consider the type of home and outside space you have. If your home is very modern, then a traditional lantern style light may stick out like a sore thumb. Go for a light with a modern feel.
Keep the design simple if you prefer, or you can choose something ultra stylish that will really stand out as a talking point.
If you have a period home, for example a Victorian or Georgian home, you can find outdoor lighting easily that will fit in with the style of the period. Although simple modern lights can be used if they are subtly placed, traditional style lights tend to look better and can add an extra touch of beauty to a traditional façade.
Where you place your lighting is also an important factor. Decide which parts of your home or garden you want to draw attention to, or away from and place your lights accordingly.
Perhaps you have beautiful old stone walls, or a particularly impressive tree. You can arrange your lighting to highlight whichever feature you desire.
Where you place your lights is also a factor. Uplighting can create a very dramatic effect, whereas soft or coloured lighting will create a cosier, homely atmosphere. If you have a pool or pond, you can even place your lighting in the water to achieve a fantastic effect that will be the talking point of your home.
Whether you choose to go traditional or modern, you can be sure that outdoor lighting will improve the appearance of your home and garden and allow you the opportunity to spend more time outdoors.
for more information about outdoor lighting visit greenlighting.co.ukArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach