Everything About Iced Tea
- Author Kathleen Chester
- Published July 20, 2011
- Word count 400
Who doesn't like to drink tea? Whether it's early in the morning or after a long day at work, this beverage can pick you up whenever you're feeling down. It's an instant energizer and many people cannot do without it. There are different varieties of this beverage available and they all have a distinct quality about them. Iced tea has been around since the 1800's and there are millions of people who prefer this to the usual steaming cup. If you are a staunch believer in serving and drinking hot tea, you still cannot ignore the fact that the iced variety has carved out a place for itself in today's world.
Why has it become so popular?
Firstly, the fact that it is served chilled is a vital factor. In hot weather, you will usually grab an aerated drink to quench your thirst. These drinks have no other benefits other than the fact that they cool you down. You will not even think of drinking a steaming hot beverage on a sultry day. However, iced tea can be the perfect substitute for a soft drink! It's cold, it's fresh and it's different. At a time when aerated drinks are facing a lot of scrutiny over the additives used, iced tea is a much safer bet.
People have written a lot about the health benefits of downing this beverage. Iced tea has health benefits that could fill a booklet! It has antioxidants that protect the human body from a variety of diseases. The antioxidants which are present in tea are called flavonoids. They protect us against cell damage and also help in reducing the risk of developing cancer. Iced tea, specifically, has been proven to keep breast, colon, stomach, and prostate cancer at bay. It also strengthens our immune system and reduces white-cell damage caused by smoking or drinking.
There are some good online stores that sell different varieties of iced tea. All you need to do is find a site which gives you value for money. The "Raspberry Cooler" is a big hit with adults and children alike. This unique flavor is available on select online stores and you can purchase six filters for just $8.95! The 'Mango' flavor is also quite popular and is a sweet black tea which leaves behind a slight taste of mango in the mouth of the drinker. There are loads of flavors to choose from!
Shangri La has a wide range of award-winning iced tea flavors. So take your pick!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Is Avocado A Fruit Or Vegetable
- Raita is cool. Pachadi is cooler. Make more Pachadi.
- FRESH SEAFOOD Our Fresh and Frozen Seafood will Delight You
- How to make the best pour over coffee
- Kitchener Meat Grinder Features - What to Look For
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties