SEO & Social Media: Plodding-not speed-wins the race!
- Author Michael Orfanos
- Published November 9, 2011
- Word count 611
One of the most famous Aesop myths is the one where a hare challenges a tortoise into a race. The race is on, and almost immediately the hare rushes into it, gaining substantial distance over the tortoise. However, having already covered half the distance to the finish line, the hare - clearly underestimating the tortoise- stops and decides to rest & take a nap. This proves to be a fatal mistake, because the tortoise eventually covers the distance and finishes first, commending that: "Plodding -not speed- wins the race". I find that the moral of the story is also very enlightening regarding SEO: speed will not make you a winner- SEO requires dedication and time, in order to achieve credible results.
In order to succeed in SEO (Search Engine Optimization) you must have the following:
Vision: What you want to achieve be employing SEO. State your goal.
Target Segment: Must determine the audience type that you plan to appeal to.
Strategy: A list of steps that will lead you to your goal-a detailed plan in other words.
Create worthy content: Attract your audience’s attention: offer them hints & tips, advices, news they’re interested in, and provoke discussions. This is very important. If your content is worthless, then you just have condemned your SEO efforts to failure. All SEO professionals agree: "Content is King".
Long term commitment to SEO and Social Media activities: Get to know your audience/target group and try to best serve them. Establish your credibility by offering valuable advice and build a bond of trust with them. This takes A LOT OF TIME.
Promotion: Inform your audience about your company/products. At all costs, avoid a hard selling policy that will irritate your target group, resulting in your isolation and disrepute.
Learn to adapt or extinct: Monitor your competitors. Single-out the most prominent of them, and apply stealth tactics in order to study them closely.
Quite often these days, you come across some professionals (or companies) in the market who are very much interested in SEO, but they expect immediate results and take as granted that their participation in the whole project is limited only to the part of paying for the services rendered (for SEO). This not true, and I always take time explaining to them, that their participation in the SEO project is vital. Without their insights, support and knowledge any SEO effort is doomed. In addition, I always emphasize to them, that SEO requires considerable time in order to achieve results. Many clients have the erroneous perception that as soon as you set Meta title/keywords/descriptions and a Facebook / Twitter account, success will be waiting for them in the next corner. This is not true however, and I always find myself enjoying giving them a wake-up call and forcing them to embrace reality-especially their look of disappointment, that you can easily distinguish if you take a closer look to their eyes and face expressions. Man I just love it! :)
Speaking from experience –as an SEO professional- I can only say this: SEO requires that you invest heavily in time and in effort in order to achieve success: countless hours of Social Media engaging, writing Press Releases / valuable content and link building. It must be understood that entering the realm of SEO requires customers’ long term commitment, and is a decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly. And that’s why companies engaging in SEO efforts must adopt the tortoise behavior (small steps at a time, good organization, and long term commitment) and not the hare’s (rushing for results from day 1).
Michael Orfanos is Marketing Manager and SEO Expert for naro (www.naro.gr)
Michael Orfanos is Marketing Manager and SEO Expert for naro. He has a Bachelor in History and Political Sciences from the University of Indianapolis and a Masters degree in International Relations from Warwick University and a second Masters degree in Marketing form the London Metropolitan University.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Web Hosting Made Easy!
- How to choose good trustful web designer
- How to build your own file-hosting site without coding
- Generate Website Traffic Using Free Methods
- Website Promotion
- Website | Why build for your business?
- Forensic guide to WhatsApp data acquisition
- What Makes Online Casino Games So Popular?
- The History of Link Building
- Ten Words That Meant Different In a Pre-Internet World than Now
- 3 Amazing Facts About Paraphrasing Tool
- The Story of HoookedUP: The Social Media App that focuses on being a Helping Hand
- 5G to the rescue! - who is going to benefit from it the most?
- How to reset iCloud account if forgot password?
- Everything You Need to Know About the Best Software Company in Bangladesh
- make money online during lockdown
- Why you Should Hire a Local SEO Company in Melbourne
- Improve your link building efforts with these effective tactics
- Alternative for a self-ordering kiosk at your restaurant
- Best Modem & Routers for Satellite Internet Connection
- Website Architecture: Things to know before starting your next website design project
- Long-tail Keywords- Why You Need to Focus on Them?
- Manga Rock Shuts Down Due to Piracy and Starts MR Comics
- How To Makes Money Online
- How to remove Malware from your Android Phone?
- Time Now to Bring AI Power to Your eCommerce Business
- JobEnrolls: A safest freelancing platform in Bangladesh
- Is PayPal Right Choice For Your Prestashop Store? 5 Reasons to Justify
- What’s A Board Certified Behavior Analyst?
- Important Steps to Building a Premium Brand