Visit Historic Wales And Travel Through Time
- Author Jim Thomas
- Published November 9, 2011
- Word count 538
Wales is bursting with wonderful locations and buildings of historical significance; you might even find some of your ancestors. Here are just a few you might like to visit during your holiday. St. Fagans National History Museum in Cardiff is located in St. Fagans Castle. It is an amazing 16th century manor house and the museum is in the open air made up of historical buildings from around Wales having been moved from their original locations and rebuilt.
Caerphilly Castle is one of Europe’s biggest castles and was built in the 13th century by the Norman Lord, Gilbert de Clare. It was defended by a deep moat to ward off attackers but today has a bridge built so you can cross with ease. Its famous leaning South East tower is a big draw card along with its clever design.
Cyfarthfa Castle is located in Merthyr Tydfil formerly one of the biggest towns in Wales. The Castle was the home of the local iron Baron William Crawyshay and now holds an excellent museum that tells the fascinating story of the town.
The Tintern Abbey is located on the Banks of the River Wye. With its beautiful and tranquil settings this historical site is well worth the visit. The Abbey was built in the 12th Century by an order of Cistercian monks who lived there for 400 years. It later attracted poets and artists such as Wordsworth and Turner.
Caerleon stands as one of the most important settlements in the Roman Empire and was one of only three permanent fortresses in Roman Britain. When you visit Caerleon you can roam around the most complete amphitheatre in Britain, the baths and the last remaining Roman Legionary barracks still on view anywhere in Europe.
The Big Pit National Coal Museum in the town of Blaenavon showcases the powerhouse of the Industrial Revolution. The ironworks are amazingly preserved and the ironworker’s cottages give you a glance at what it was like working at a coal factory back then.
Cardiff Castle is situated in the middle of the city centre and is the capital’s best known landmark. Occupied by the Romans and Normans, this castle has an amazing history for you to discover. Guided tours are offered for you to view the extravagant decorations of the castle.
Built in the 16th century the Llancaiach Fawr Manor is an excellent place to visit if you want to witness what life was like back then. You can interact with various characters such as the chamber maid and grooms or even the Lord of the Manor himself, and they will tell you stories about the Manor.
Greenmeadow Farm has a wide range of pedigree and rare animals for you to discover. The farm is set in 150 acres of meadow and you can follow the trails and enter the barns to meet the different animals and learn about the farming culture of Wales.
One of the grandest homes in Wales is the Tredegar House located on 90 acres of parkland just outside Newport. Built in the 1500’s, it was occupied by the wealthy Morgan family. You can discover what life was life for the masters and the servants with the guided tours made available all year long.
The Number 1 Bed & Breakfast Accommodation Website is a joint venture between B&B websites to create one truly global site with nearly 10,000 members from USA, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland South Africa, Australia & New Zealand, as well as Europe & Asia.
View out listings for bed and breakfasts in Wales here.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Web 3.0: lessons from the past and the possibilities that lie ahead
- Tips To Up Your Web Design And Drive User-Engagement
- Is CSS a necessity for responsive web design?
- HOW AND WHEN CAN I GET AUTHORIZATION TO REMOVE GEESE FROM MY PROPERTY?
- Five Laravel Development Trends That Will Encourage to Hire Laravel Development Company
- EU Travel To The UK Post-Brexit: What To Expect
- How to design a Website to appeal to the 2022's Modern Retail Audience
- Effective Compliance: A twenty point plan for business leaders
- 10 things you should know when it comes to raccoon removal:
- What is a Drone and What are its Advantages?
- KNOW ABOUT THE TRENDS AND INSIGHTS OF WORDPRESS DESIGN IN 2022
- What you need to know about Seagull Control in Peel Region.
- The Authentic Manager
- Your Toddler is Not Your Enemy
- Everything You Need to Know About SPA Framework Vue.js
- Everything You Need To Know About Pigeon Netting
- My Father, My Mother, and More
- Do you think you have a squirrel problem?
- Why Should You Choose Copper or Brass For Your Kitchen Backsplash?
- Top 10 Companies in Need of Transcription Services
- The Best Player Fordsville Never Had
- The Legend of Carr Creek
- Here are 5 Signs that raccoons may be living in your attic.
- Facts and Myths about Seagull control
- What is Wordpress? 8 Advantages of Using WordPress
- Canadian Geese: How to deal with them legally.
- How do you get rid of a Skunk from under your deck?
- 5 Types of Material you can consider for your Product Packaging
- What is the job of a Transcriptionist?
- 5 Signs You Need to Call a Plumber