England Offers A Host of Attractions For Tourists
- Author Jim Thomas
- Published November 9, 2011
- Word count 570
England is full of amazing buildings and locations that are top priority on most tourists’ agendas. The range of bed and breakfasts in England will find you very close to most of these attractions. The mysterious Stonehenge has been a worldwide attraction for years. Over 5000 years old, this amazing collection of stones erected in a circle has perplexed and enthralled those who witness its remarkable location. The landscape is full of prehistoric mounds and carvings giving you an idea of the life of those before us.
Windsor Castle has been the home of the royal family for 900 years. It is the world’s largest and oldest occupied castle. An opportunity to watch the famous spectacle of the changing of the guard shouldn’t be missed and be sure to explore the township that has sprung up around this great castle. A tour of the State Apartments and St. George’s Chapel is also available and highly recommended.
Bath is well known for its fascinating and elegant Georgian architecture. The brilliantly proportioned streetscapes will enchant you. If you visit Bath you will get an opportunity to view the famous Pulteney Bridge, Bath Abbey and the Roman Baths, the best conserved Roman spa from the ancient world.
Built in 1894, one of London’s most memorable landmarks is the Tower Bridge. Crossing over the Thames it sits next to the Tower of London. Visitors can view the expanse of London from the elevated walk ways and explore the Victorian Engine Rooms. There is also a bridge lift schedule so you can witness the fascinating rising of the bridge when large vessels approach.
York Minster is one of the most stunning cathedrals in England. It is also the largest Medieval Gothic building in Europe and holds the world’s best collection of stained glass. Finished in 1408, it took 250 years to build and its connection with faith has a history of over 2,000 years.
If your bed and breakfast in England is near Warwickshire, visit Stratford Upon Avon. Famously known as the birthplace of William Shakespeare, the picturesque gardens and excellent displays will take you right back to the time of this great playwright. This famous location has a great deal to offer the visitor including the beautiful riverside setting, a host of historic houses, the famous theatre, flourishing street markets and first-rate shops and restaurants.
The Tower of London has an amazing history ready to be discovered by you. In its time it has been a royal palace, a fortress, a prison, an armoury, a treasury and an astronomical observatory. The greatest attraction however are the Crown Jewels held in the White Tower.
Across the Chiltern Hills you will find Oxford the home of the great University. The elegant old buildings and the courtyards were home to many famous scholars including Albert Einstein. The Bodleian Library and Christ Church College are particularly worth viewing.
Warwick Castle is an amazingly preserved building over 1,000 years old. The great towers and blockades are still in excellent condition. Explore the chilling dungeons or wander the beautiful gardens of Warwick Castle next time you are staying in a bed and breakfast in England.
West Minster Abbey is the most important church in England and is the site of every coronation since 1066. If you want to get a feel for the royal history of England then Westminster Abbey is a must. With its beautiful architecture it stands as another Gothic masterwork.
There are no posted comments.
- Web 3.0: lessons from the past and the possibilities that lie ahead
- Tips To Up Your Web Design And Drive User-Engagement
- Is CSS a necessity for responsive web design?
- HOW AND WHEN CAN I GET AUTHORIZATION TO REMOVE GEESE FROM MY PROPERTY?
- Five Laravel Development Trends That Will Encourage to Hire Laravel Development Company
- EU Travel To The UK Post-Brexit: What To Expect
- How to design a Website to appeal to the 2022's Modern Retail Audience
- Effective Compliance: A twenty point plan for business leaders
- 10 things you should know when it comes to raccoon removal:
- What is a Drone and What are its Advantages?
- KNOW ABOUT THE TRENDS AND INSIGHTS OF WORDPRESS DESIGN IN 2022
- What you need to know about Seagull Control in Peel Region.
- The Authentic Manager
- Your Toddler is Not Your Enemy
- Everything You Need to Know About SPA Framework Vue.js
- Everything You Need To Know About Pigeon Netting
- My Father, My Mother, and More
- Do you think you have a squirrel problem?
- Why Should You Choose Copper or Brass For Your Kitchen Backsplash?
- Top 10 Companies in Need of Transcription Services
- The Best Player Fordsville Never Had
- The Legend of Carr Creek
- Here are 5 Signs that raccoons may be living in your attic.
- Facts and Myths about Seagull control
- What is Wordpress? 8 Advantages of Using WordPress
- Canadian Geese: How to deal with them legally.
- How do you get rid of a Skunk from under your deck?
- 5 Types of Material you can consider for your Product Packaging
- What is the job of a Transcriptionist?
- 5 Signs You Need to Call a Plumber