Retro Sweets – How Many Can You Spot?
- Author Kevin Donnelly
- Published November 15, 2011
- Word count 318
Just one taste can take you right back. Whether it’s Auntie Joan’s toasted teacakes or Uncle Joe’s mint balls there are times when a taste can bring back a wave of nostalgia – and it’s never stronger than with retro sweets. Just a whiff of that pear drops smell and it’s 1975 all over again. They occupy a special place in our hearts. In short, it seems, candy sticks.
We’d spend our precious money on all sorts of retro candy. Just handing over our 10p and receiving something sweet and sugary back made us feel all bubbly; like there was a sherbet fountain going off somewhere inside us.
And no matter where we grew up the effect was the same. Retro sweets make the English feel like little imps again; the French feel bon bon and give the Turkish delight.
We treat our nostalgia foods with love. Hearts of rock crumble to cinder. Toffee, chocolate, candy – the sweets of our childhood seem to have an unerring ability to turn us from American hard gums to candy shrimps in a moment.
But if you thought they were a thing of the past; that retro candy that would be forever, well… retro, then think again. This may be something of a gobstopper but all those sweets from your childhood: the parma violets and double lollies, the fizz bombs and drumsticks, are all alive and well. You’d just forgotten – and now all you need is a refresher.
This is no fudge either. These aren’t just like the retro sweets we used to love: they are the retro sweets we used to love.
Don’t be a dummy. Rediscover your mojo with a jar of retro sweets. It’s taste bud time travel without the need for space dust or flying saucers.
*There are 26 retro sweets to find in this article. Have you spotted them all?
There are no posted comments.
- Is Avocado A Fruit Or Vegetable
- Raita is cool. Pachadi is cooler. Make more Pachadi.
- FRESH SEAFOOD Our Fresh and Frozen Seafood will Delight You
- How to make the best pour over coffee
- Kitchener Meat Grinder Features - What to Look For
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties