Exploring Some Of The Historically Significant Locations In The USA
- Author Jim Thomas
- Published November 22, 2011
- Word count 520
The United States is an excellent place to visit on holiday with many incredibly exciting, beautiful and historically momentous places to visit. The Grand Canyon is one such place. It is a powerful and inspiring landscape that will overwhelm your senses through its immense size. With two billion years of history engrained into the canyon you will not want to miss this fascinating location. By booking yourself into a bed and breakfast in the USA you’ll be able to learn a lot about the place as your hosts will be more than willing to share the history with you. Once such place is Jamestown, you can explore the country’s beginnings by walking in the footsteps of Captain John Smith and Pocahontas. This is the location of the first successful English colony in North America and where the first English representative government met. Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming is America’s first national park. Established in 1872, it is brimming with a wide variety of wildlife such as grizzly bears, wolves, bison and elk. This beautiful place is holds many natural phenomenon’s such as geysers and hot springs as well as the Grand Canyon.
The Whitehouse is another must see location. It holds the history of the presidents of the United States and the momentous decisions they took part in. The Statue of Liberty is definitely worth a visit. It is an extraordinary piece of art gifted to the United States from the people of France. Dedicated in 1886, this statue has stood as a universal symbol of freedom and democracy. Yorktown Battlefield is another great location worth visiting as it is the site of the last major battle in the American Revolutionary War in 1781. George Washington and the French defeated the British Army at this location and the battlefield and the remains of Yorktown Village have been amazingly preserved.
A visit to the American History Museum is well worth the experience and is full of artefacts pertaining to significant events throughout the history of America. It holds the Star-Spangled Banner and it is on show for visitors whilst being restored. The Independence Hall in Philadelphia is the location of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, as you explore this site you will be sharing the same space as the forefathers who created the Constitution and the founding values that America holds dear. Experience the dwelling place of one of the most famous and important presidents in the US at The Lincoln Home in Illinois. This home shaped Abraham’s social and political beliefs and made him into the president he became. Get a close-up look at one of the most famous prisons in the US on Alcatraz Island. This site was not only an infamous federal penitentiary it also served as the first lighthouse and fort on the West Coast. The Island is full of history and natural wildlife worth exploring.
Choosing to stay in bed and breakfast's in the USA will not only provide you with a great accommodation options but also that personal insight into the places you choose to visit by generous and welcoming hosts.
The Number 1 Bed & Breakfast Accommodation Website is a joint venture between B&B websites of various countries to create one truly global site. 1bbweb.com is on the way to fulfilling the aim of being the best bed & breakfast site in the world.
Find bed and breakfast in USA listings here.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Web 3.0: lessons from the past and the possibilities that lie ahead
- Tips To Up Your Web Design And Drive User-Engagement
- Is CSS a necessity for responsive web design?
- HOW AND WHEN CAN I GET AUTHORIZATION TO REMOVE GEESE FROM MY PROPERTY?
- Five Laravel Development Trends That Will Encourage to Hire Laravel Development Company
- EU Travel To The UK Post-Brexit: What To Expect
- How to design a Website to appeal to the 2022's Modern Retail Audience
- Effective Compliance: A twenty point plan for business leaders
- 10 things you should know when it comes to raccoon removal:
- What is a Drone and What are its Advantages?
- KNOW ABOUT THE TRENDS AND INSIGHTS OF WORDPRESS DESIGN IN 2022
- What you need to know about Seagull Control in Peel Region.
- The Authentic Manager
- Your Toddler is Not Your Enemy
- Everything You Need to Know About SPA Framework Vue.js
- Everything You Need To Know About Pigeon Netting
- My Father, My Mother, and More
- Do you think you have a squirrel problem?
- Why Should You Choose Copper or Brass For Your Kitchen Backsplash?
- Top 10 Companies in Need of Transcription Services
- The Best Player Fordsville Never Had
- The Legend of Carr Creek
- Here are 5 Signs that raccoons may be living in your attic.
- Facts and Myths about Seagull control
- What is Wordpress? 8 Advantages of Using WordPress
- Canadian Geese: How to deal with them legally.
- How do you get rid of a Skunk from under your deck?
- 5 Types of Material you can consider for your Product Packaging
- What is the job of a Transcriptionist?
- 5 Signs You Need to Call a Plumber