Enjoy Hockey and Shopping in Edmonton
- Author Crystal Vea
- Published November 23, 2011
- Word count 486
In Edmonton, hockey is among the most loved games. Even though a variety of sports such as lacrosse, football, basketball, soccer, baseball and so on are extremely popular with Edmonton being the international venue for major sports events, hockey remains the favorite. Edmonton Hockey dates back to the 1890s and over time, has become a part of the culture.
Sports in Edmonton
Home to the darlings of hockey, the Edmonton Oilers and the national teams are adored the world over. As Canada’s most predominant winter sport and national pastime, ice hockey attracts huge international crowds. There is a men’s national and women’s national ice hockey team, in addition to participation by children at various levels. In professional ice hockey, the Stanley Cup is the most coveted, with the Memorial Cup for the junior men’s team and the Allan Cup for senior men. The national men’s team participates in the International Ice Hockey Federation Men’s World Championship and Olympics. The National Hockey League has seven teams in Canada of which the Edmonton Oilers is one.
As you can see, Edmonton Hockey is a much loved sport that the city is passionate about. Hockey Night in Canada, a popular Saturday Night TV show has a huge viewing.
Canada’s official summer sport, lacrosse is a much awaited event. Football is considered the second most popular sport and the Grey Cup is Canada’s largest event every year. Soccer or association football has the maximum number of registered players compared to any other sports teams in the country with several professional teams. You will also find many individual sports such as auto racing, boxing, horse racing, ice skating, skateboarding, and triathlon and water sports.
The various international sports events, besides Edmonton hockey, draw massive international crowds into Edmonton and visitors make sure their Edmonton hotel bookings are done well in advance. Hotels like the Coliseum Inn which is located across the road from Rexall Place are especially in demand for their proximity to the venue of the event.
Shopping in Edmonton
Almost everyone who visits Edmonton for hockey events will make sure they take time off to enjoy the world-class shopping malls. The West Edmonton Mall alone has over eight hundred shops, more than a hundred restaurants with several other recreational attractions all under a single roof.
One of Canada’s top shopping districts, Old Strathcona which is set in a historical neighborhood, is popular for its fine dining and pubs, besides being a hub for music, art and theater.
There are more than four hundred specialty shops and department stores in the downtown Edmonton area and if you choose an Edmonton hotel that is close to this shopping mecca you can use the number of climate controlled pedways that make shopping a pleasure. You can also enjoy Edmonton’s heritage architecture if you go shopping along Jasper Avenue and its surrounding area.
Looking for comfortable & affordable hotel in Edmonton with clean rooms, genuine hospitality and modern amenities in Edmonton. Then contact Coliseum Inn which is the right place for you.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Can You Paint Aluminum Window Frames?
- Running with Anterior Compartment Syndrome
- Phone chargers for festivals: How to keep them charged!
- Expert Advice For Tree Service
- How to deal with Ankylosing Spondylitis?
- How to know if you have an Achilles tendon rupture?
- Those Who Live In Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones
- The Most Asked Questions About Pharmacies in Ireland
- Three Presidents
- Dealing with an accessory navicular
- Are Aluminum Canoes any good?
- WHAT!? “Birth Control Pills” as Alternative Pigeon Control Method
- Can you use cimetidine for warts?
- Can you run a marathon barefoot?
- What is Aluminum Trim and What Types of Aluminum Trim exist?
- What is a gait analysis used for?
- What is the first species of bird to chirp at dawn, and why?
- How do I get rid of raccoons living near my home?
- eToro Ireland
- European Holidays For Culture Vultures: A Guide To Summer 2022
- What is the strongest metal?
- Where to learn how to Trade Stocks for Beginners?
- 5 tips to become a good freelance writer
- How to Invest in Stocks for Beginners?
- How Do Remove Raccoons From The Wall Cavity?
- What Are Aluminum Sheets Used For?
- Things to know about the search engine optimization for Multilingual and Multi-local Websites
- How Does a Gen-Z Millionaire Spend His Day: FX Trader Aman Momin Takes Us For a Ride
- A Brief History of Aluminum
- 3 Benefits of Giving Trophies and Awards to Employees