Pressure Cleaning Efflorescence From Your Driveway
- Author Rex Master
- Published November 29, 2011
- Word count 517
Efflorescence is the formation of white powdery substance on concrete, stone and brick structures. It is caused by seepage of water through the gaps of the masonry. Effervescence is a common phenomenon found on driveways. Despite the fact that effervescence does not harm the driveway in any way, the white formation ruins the visual appeal of the driveway and subsequently, the entire exterior of your home.
Getting rid of effervescence is not very difficult. It washes away when you utilize high pressure cleaning methods. Effervescence is formed when the water present on the driveway evaporates, leaving behind a white substance. Over time, this substance tends to harden and then, it becomes difficult to remove. Usually, the formation of effervescence stops after all the excess water in the concrete has evaporated and surfaces remain dry henceforth. However, keeping driveways dry all the time is impossible.
Concrete sealing can prevent efflorescence
Concrete acts as a sponge for water. Its high porosity makes it absorb liquids. Since driveways are constantly exposed to moisture, removing effervescence is a continuous task. The formation of effervescence cannot be avoided unless you get your driveway sealed. Concrete sealing eliminates the porosity of concrete and hence, prevents seepage of water and subsequently, effervescence. Pressure washing the driveway twice a year will prevent hardening of effervescence.
Use Muriatic Acid
An effective solution to effervescence is Muriatic Acid. While using high pressure cleaners, muriatic acid can be mixed with water in specific proportions to remove the white formation. The standard ratio of acid to water is one is to twelve. If the deposit is hard, then you can use the acid directly on the formation to loosen it and wash it off during pressure cleaning. However, always remember to put on protective gear in order to prevent injuries due to the acid.
Efflorescence removing solutions
Effervescence removing solutions are available in the market and are effective in driveway cleaning. By following the instructions given on the packaging, you can remove the white powdery deposit. A home remedy for removing effervescence from driveways is to use white vinegar. If the powdery substance has hardened, then you may have to pour vinegar directly on the stain. For fresh stains, scrubbing with a sponge dipped in white vinegar will get most of the stain off the surface.
High pressure cleaning
High pressure cleaning is excellent for cleaning driveway of debris, fuel stains and other unwanted deposits. However, since water is sprayed with very high pressures on the driveway, water is forced into surface, which in turn becomes the cause of efflorescence. Therefore, when you use high pressure cleaning on your driveway, make sure that the surface is completely dry before you seal it or apply a coat on it. This will ensure evaporation of all the water that has been absorbed by the driveway.
Most people tend to neglect driveway cleaning. While a clean driveway can lend an instant face-lift to a house, a stained and unclean driveway makes the house look shabby. So, make good use of pressure cleaning services to keep the driveway clean and free of stains.
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach