ITIL - Topics Covered And The Role It Serves
- Author Eli Shemluck
- Published November 29, 2011
- Word count 403
The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), is a virtual library that combines the important best practices in the field of IT Service Management. Apart from that, it also details the tasks, procedures as well as checklists that are required for any successful IT firm. IT organizations face tough competition in the current era, because there is much more emerging competition, both in terms of the volume of the industry, as well as emerging technologies.
ITIL simply sets out a benchmark for all IT concerns. It does not provide rules and regulations that have to be implemented for sure. Instead it offers best practices that have contributed towards success of IT service organizations. By adopting these best practices, any IT concern can definitely set a standard.
ITIL covers only IT management topics, and is published in a book series. This task was taken up in the 80's by the Central Computer and Telecommunications agency, which works under the Government of United Kingdom. Since then there have been additions and modifications, improvements and consolidations, but the data remains current and concise, set in accordance with the needs of the changing times.
ITIL has played an important role in streamlining various functions in the IT industry. Investments in IT services are expensive, but pay backs are huge. However, they are dependent on the extent of productivity and service offering. ITIL can serve all IT service organizations by providing guidelines in better management, and running of their business. It not only covers the technical aspects which are of prime importance to the IT service business, but also non technical aspects such as finance, employee management and retention, asset turnover, brand name building etc.
ITIL is not just a body of knowledge. Organizations such as Microsoft, Atos, IBM, Boeing, Shell Oil, Caterpillar etc have successfully implemented best practices from ITIL. ITIL adoption has brought massive changes to organizational approach of doing business, without modifying their entire business outlook. The idea is always to bring smaller changes that are sustainable and result oriented for the business.
ITIL is a broad framework allowing for flexibility, according to organizational needs. If correctly implemented, it can bring together the users, staff, suppliers, contractors, and the like, for achieving a common set of goals for the organization. The overall benefits of ITIL implementation are huge including cost savings, optimal utilization of resources, better processes, appropriate enabling technologies, better management, service improvements, and more.
If you're looking for information about ITIL Certification & Training, we have more great tools and resources on our website [http://www.itiltrainingguide.com](http://www.itiltrainingguide.com)Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Unforgettable Stag Do: Exploring the Best European Destinations
- The Advantages of Epoxy Flooring
- Dimout or screen fabric?
- Recognizing and Preventing Hard Drive Failure: Safeguarding Your Data
- Choosing the Right CMS for Website Design and Development
- Exploring Digital Marketing Trends in 2023
- The Marvelous World of Cigar Box Guitars: A Testament to Creativity and Musical Ingenuity
- How to Choose the Perfect Sonicare Toothbrush
- How to Shoot Better Product Photography?
- Audit The Fed
- What Makes HydraFacial a Revolutionary Skincare Treatment
- A Beginner's Guide to Pottery Clay: Getting Started with the Basics
- What is Contract Packaging?
- MPMsoft to AllMed PM: Empowering Medical Practices with Comprehensive Billing Software
- The Rewards of Owning Your Own Medical Billing Business: Empowering Flexibility, Income Potential, and Software Excellence
- Off-Site Medical Billers: The Solution for Small Practices
- Streamline Your Medical Billing Process with Advanced Medical Billing Software
- What Do You Need to Know About WordPress Security?
- How To Be More Successful At Blogging To Make Money
- How to Use a Security Checklist to Help Keep Your Blog Safe From Hackers
- What are the Best Reasons to Use WordPress?
- What Does Blogging Mean?
- Your smile can be brighter with less effort
- Add some sparkle to your look with this teeth whitening trick
- Why Businesses Should Outsource Their Logistics To Professional Courier Companies
- The Surprising Health Benefits Of Eating Spicy Food
- 30 Convincing Reasons Why Ordering Spa Sandals Wholesale is Smart Thinking for Your Beauty Business
- AmputeeAmber: Shattering Stereotypes and Redefining Beauty in the Online Sex Work Industry
- Do people still wear designer belts?
- What Is The Best Brands for Belts?