Things to be Considered While Buying an Electric Fireplace
- Author Nate Rodney
- Published December 2, 2011
- Word count 620
Electric fireplaces became one of the popular room heating appliances because of their advantages over traditional wood and gas based fireplaces. Since they neither require a house with a chimney nor need a pre-installed fireplace, they are considered as best heating equipment for apartments and homes with modern furniture. They are safe, easy to use; flexible to shift to any place and above all they are budget-friendly. If you are planning to buy one for the coming winter, consider the following things.
Location of installation: Though electric fireplaces can be shifted from one place to another, it is better to select a location where you want to install it – a common sit out for all the family members or a corner in your personal room. They are available in different designs including open box style, wall mount, fireplace inserts, stove fireplaces and so on. You can choose one depending on the location you selected to install it. Open box fireplaces will occupy some space, whereas wall mount electric fireplaces can be mounted directly on the wall. Fireplace inserts can be placed in to existing old fireplace openings. While selecting a location, make sure that it is free from curtains or any other fabric material.
Style of the room: Electric fireplaces are available in wide range of designs and models. It can be a room with a classic look or a room well furnished with all modern interiors, you can definitely get an electric fireplace that perfectly matches with your indoor furnishing. For instance, for a room with traditional interior, cast iron or wood stove look fireplaces are best suited; for rustic interior, open box fireplaces in black or oak colors look decent.
Heat output (BTU): Before buying an electric fireplace it is essential to check its heating capacity which is denoted in BTU's. For larger rooms, it is essential to get a fireplace with higher BTU which has the capacity to warm up a larger area faster. Similarly, for smaller rooms it is enough to have a lower BTU fireplace. In general, an electric fireplace with a heating element output of around 5,000 BTUs is ideal for homes.
Thermostat and fan options: Electric fireplaces come with built in electronic thermostat which controls heating output of the fireplace. Some of them also come with heat settings, which assist us in controlling heat in the room. Controlling the heat output helps us conserve energy and saves electricity costs.
Real flame design: The natural look of the burning wood is really an amazing thing to have in our rooms. There is no need to get a wood-burning fireplace to experience this. Many electric fireplaces these days are designed to look natural which gives us the impression of burning wood. Some models also come with ember settings.
Adjustable heat settings: Electric fireplaces provide a unique advantage over other fireplaces - they provide the flexibility of adjusting heat emitted from the fireplace. We can either increase or reduce the heat depending upon our requirement. Adjustable heat setting not only provides us required warmth but also gives us greater comfort and control.
Availability of electric outlets: Finally, an important aspect to check before purchasing electric fireplace is the availability of electrical outlet at the desired location in your home. Use only the outlets which are in use or already used. If you are unsure about an outlet or if it is not used from many years, do not use it. Try to plug-in the electric fireplace without using any extension cords to avoid accidental falls.
These are the major things to remember when shopping for an electric fireplace. Also make sure that you are buying it from a reputed dealer who supplies durable products at affordable prices.
Edenpure infrared portable quartz heaters can reduce home heating costs and are safe around children and pets. We strive to provide you with a very good experience both during and after you purchase Eden pure heater, air purifier, electric fireplace or any other item. EdenpureUS is dedicated to bringing good quality products and services to the consumer in the US. We offer free shipping on Edenpure heaters.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- Tips and tricks from ZDT Kitchen Remodeling for a smooth home renovation
- Locksmith 4 U
- Tips For Painting Or Staining Your Patio Deck
- Removing Oil Out Of Carpet
- Why pay for home development when you may do it yourself?
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne