4 Important Web Design Rules
- Author Tanya Jones
- Published December 13, 2011
- Word count 503
4 Important Web Design Rules
Every online business wants to be successful and ahead of the competition. Success takes dedication and determination to your product or service. Taking the time to ensure that your website is above the rest and at top performing level may seem relentless at times. There are certain web design rules to follow. By applying these rules to your website, you will greatly improve your web presence as well as your marketing. Below are four important web design rules that every website owner should know.
Rule #1: A domain name should be simple
A domain name should be user friendly. The user should be able to type in the domain name without the hassle of numbers and dashes. By doing this, you make the task of entering the domain name effortless. People are busy and don’t want to waste their time on entering long difficult names. As far as domain extensions go, keep it simple. If you have a business, use .com and if you have a non- profit use .org. Avoid the flashy extensions. While they may be creative and different, most people prefer the more simple approach.
Rule #2: Contact information should be viewable
Contact information should be accessible to the reader without them having to search for it. No one wants to waste time looking for a business phone number or an e mail address. Placing contact information on the top of the page in either corner will eliminate the needless searching. Web design experts also suggest that contact information be placed on additional web pages.
The website should offer a variety of contacts, for example, contact form, email, chat or phone number. By doing this, you give the viewer options on how to contact your business.
Rule #3: Provide a strong call to action
A website needs to direct the user on where to go and what to do. If the owner of the website wants the viewer to request a quote or make a purchase, this needs to be clearly stated on each page. This will engage the reader in an effortless manner while leading them through the website. Without a strong call to action, a websites ability to engage customers is weakened, therefore losing potential profits.
Rule #4: Adding "relevant" client testimonials establishes trust
One of the best ways to "seal the deal" is to offer customer testimonials on a website. Potential customers want to read what other customers think about the product or service that is being offered. When there are testimonials from past customers who have used a product or service and offer insight, potential customers feel more at ease with making a purchase.
If a website owner is designing a new website or re building an old one, these rules should be applied to enhance the productivity of the website. There are many other rules that pertain to web design not mentioned in this article. Website owners and professional web design firms can use these rules to get a start in the right direction.
Tanya Jones is a staff writer for Flying Cow Design, a leading New York Web Design company.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Makes Online Casino Games So Popular?
- The History of Link Building
- Ten Words That Meant Different In a Pre-Internet World than Now
- 3 Amazing Facts About Paraphrasing Tool
- The Story of HoookedUP: The Social Media App that focuses on being a Helping Hand
- 5G to the rescue! - who is going to benefit from it the most?
- How to reset iCloud account if forgot password?
- Everything You Need to Know About the Best Software Company in Bangladesh
- make money online during lockdown
- Why you Should Hire a Local SEO Company in Melbourne
- Improve your link building efforts with these effective tactics
- Alternative for a self-ordering kiosk at your restaurant
- Best Modem & Routers for Satellite Internet Connection
- Website Architecture: Things to know before starting your next website design project
- Long-tail Keywords- Why You Need to Focus on Them?
- Manga Rock Shuts Down Due to Piracy and Starts MR Comics
- How To Makes Money Online
- How to remove Malware from your Android Phone?
- Time Now to Bring AI Power to Your eCommerce Business
- JobEnrolls: A safest freelancing platform in Bangladesh
- Is PayPal Right Choice For Your Prestashop Store? 5 Reasons to Justify
- What’s A Board Certified Behavior Analyst?
- Important Steps to Building a Premium Brand
- Machine Learning: All You Need To Know
- Why Should you Hire Professional Services From a Mobile App Development Company?
- Ways to Improve Video Ranking on Youtube
- SEO and AdWords: The right combination for great results
- Data Science Course Fees And Content
- Necessity Of Complete Training For A Probable Analyst
- The Internet of Things Means for Businesses