On Site SEO
- Author Danny Waugh
- Published December 18, 2011
- Word count 532
According to Dictionary.com, SEO is "the process of adjusting the content, structure, etc, of a website so that it will be displayed prominently by a search engine." This definition refers to that part of search engine optimization which pertains more accurately to On-site SEO.
On-site SEO has been reported to provide different experiences for different people. Some people debate the benefits of onsite SEO, given its specific factors. But in order to truly optimize the content of a search engine, it is necessary to take into account, both on and off site SEO factors. Discussed below are some of the proven facts, pertaining to on-site SEO.
The First and foremost factor in on-site SEO, is to completely optimize every aspect of your website in order to establish a greater density of the key search words. It is a fact that while using key search words in any URL has a significant impact on a website’s search engine positioning, this is rarely checked by the available keyword analyzer tools. It is advised by technical experts that 301 redirect should be used to make sure that all inbound links are routed to the appropriate URL. Additionally, hyphens, rather than underscores should be used for phrases forming more than a single key word.
With regards to the HTML title tag, when conducting an on-site SEO, one should be used logically, given the fact that it ranks quite highly with regards to keywords. Rather than listing all the keywords into the HTML, it is better to have just a couple tied in appropriately. Additionally, since search engines shed much emphasis on heading tags, key words should be used in these tags whenever possible.
In order to enhance the visibility of the website’s textual content, one should be as considerate of key search words as possible, because the more frequently, or rather, more prominently they appear in your content, the more they would serve to make a website visible in a search engine. It may be rather a tedious exercise to add your key words to an already established website, but given the described benefit, it may be worthwhile to do so, while keeping the flow of the contextual text intact! It may be worth noting here as well though, that a very frequent usage of key words may make a website appear to be an example of a spam message. It is advisable therefore to use keywords moderately!
With regards to the images in a website, alt tags may be used to include some keywords accompanying them, so that the images are easier to understand. And while it is true that al tags bring down the weight in search engine algorithms, the addition of key words can continue to serve the benefits that can be derived from the use of images on websites.
Finally, one would be well advised to add fresh content to their website on a regular basis. Not only would this serve to enhance the quality of the website, but search crawlers would be drawn to index fresh pages as well! The content should be reader friendly and engaging, and therefore one should avoid using methods such as auto-blogger content scrapping!
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Things Every SEO Content Writer Must Do
- Why Writers Need An Online Paraphrasing Tool
- Everything You Need to Start an SEO Business
- Why Backlink Checker Tool is Very Important for Digital Marketer?
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019