Decorate Your Patio With Planters
- Author Ella Schwartz
- Published November 2, 2011
- Word count 903
Spring is just around the corner and with the nicer weather comes the urge to get out of doors and enjoy the warm weather. Your patio or deck is the perfect place to relax or to enjoy a meal during the warm summer months and what could be more enjoyable than to use outdoor planters to decorate your patio or deck and turn it into a comfortable garden oasis.
Outdoor planters can be used in a number of ways to add bright color and the wonderful scent of flowers to your deck or patio. By using planters to help create your outdoor patio or deck décor, you are free to change your décor at anytime without worrying about tearing down anything that is built in. It also means that you can move the planters around until you get just the effect you are looking for. Here are just a few ways that you can use outdoor planters to create a wonderful relaxing décor.
Use Large Rectangle Planters To Create A Border For Your Patio
Try buy several identical long rectangle planters and using them to outline your patio making sure to leave an entry way. Then plant Your favorite Lilies, carnations, or others flowers in the planters to give your patio the feel of a an outdoor bistro or simply a summer garden. If you have a large patio with a lot of extra space consider using large round planters with miniature orange or lemon trees in the corner to give your patio that secret garden look and feel. You can even choose to place artificial trees in your planters if you live in a climate where orange and lemon trees are not likely to survive.
Turning That City Patio Into A Country Garden
Outdoor planters are ideal for turning that city patio into a country garden especially if you are renting. Using planters means that you can create your own little garden without digging up the landlord's property. By using outdoor containers of different shapes, sizes, and materials you can easily turn that dull city patio into a beautiful country garden. Choose a variety of interesting plants both shrubs and flowers. Perhaps a rose bush, and a few daises and black eyed Susan and use them to create your own private and intimate patio garden. Remember even a small city patio probably has room for a small planter holding a miniature rose bush. So simply use your imagination and draw up a plan so you know just how you want your patio to look.
Hang outdoor Planters From Your Deck Roof
You can hang two or three hanging outdoor planters from the roof of your deck to add a splash of color to your entire deck. One great way to use hanging planters is to match the color of flowers in the planters to the colors in your outdoor furniture cushions. This will make your entire deck seem brighter and alive with color. For those of you who want their deck to be a little more private then hanging several planters with long trailing plants along your deck roof with give you the sense of privacy that you long for while creating a wonderful and beautiful ambiance for you to enjoy. By choosing large colorful flowers to put into your hanging planters you can create the feeling of being in a tree house in the middle of a rain forest.
The one thing you want to make sure of when using outdoor planters to decorate your patio or garden is too not overdo. Sometimes a simple flowering shrub in the corner of a patio or deck is all that is needed to give your patio or deck a whole new brighter look. Keep in mind that too many plants or planters will give your deck or patio a crowded look which is something you want to avoid. Try to keep the use of planters to the perimeter or one or two corners of a large deck or patio. Leave the main space for that outdoor furniture.
In fact is better to start with just one or two planters filled with the type of greenery or flowers that you think will best enhance your area and then go from there. If you are at all creative drawing out the patio or deck space you have and then drawing in your furniture placement will allow to see where a planter or two might add to your décor. You might actually find that something as simple as a small round planter with a house plant will bring your décor all together and create the type of atmosphere you are trying to achieve.
If possible try different size planters in different places to get a feel for the effect they achieve before filling them with flowers, shrubs or other plants. Look through home décor magazines for decks and patios that you really like and ideas that you can make your own. By taking the time to do a little experimenting you'll be able to get some ideas that will work for you and your specific needs. After all, the purpose of using outdoor planters to decorate your patio or deck in to make your outdoor living space more attractive for you, your family, and your guests.
Ella C Schwartz is a writer for Hunterstruct Construction, a Vancouver based construction company offering design, building, structural repair and additions on houses throughout Southwest British Columbia, including the BC interior and Sunshine Coast. Best known for its functional and great looking sundecks, Hunterstruct showcases its best Vancouver sundecks on the Hunterstruct.com website.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Get Rid of Powdery Mildew on Plants
- How to Get Rid of Powdery Mildew on Plants
- What is Biofertilizer?
- The Marijuana plant life cycle-- Cannabis stages week by week
- Cannabis seedlings-- Just how to prevent stunted growth
- Blooming stage in Marijuana plants: a guide for beginners
- Cannabis Nutrients: Why, How, And When To Feed Your Plants
- Some Things You Need to Know About Root Knot Nematodes
- Growing Healthy Tomatoes: Diseases and Fungi Prevention
- How to Trim a Hedge Properly
- The Largest Trees in the UK
- Nesting Birds and The Effects on Tree Work
- Year Round Lawn Care and Maintenance
- Picking the Best Garden Pot of Planter
- Seven Reasons Gardening is Good for Your Health
- Choosing the Right Garden Seating or Garden Furniture
- Microbial Fertilizers Plant Diseases Biocontrol
- Gardening Activities During World Quarantine
- The Best Hydroponic Growing Planters
- Benefits of having a Vertical Garden for Home, or Office
- European Water Chestnut Pond Plant
- Indoor Hydroponics; Aeroponics; Aeroculture
- How to Choose the Right Planter
- Advantages of Hydroponic Horticulture vs Soil Gardening
- 7 Top Gardening Tools You Should Own
- How You Go to Deal With Turf Installer? Here is How You Should Go.
- How to Make your Garden Bloom!
- What is the difference between a one stage and two-stage snowblower?
- A guide to snowblower operating controls
- The Sustainable Advantages of Plant Development and Breeding