How to Choose Decorative Pillows
- Author Robin Rowe
- Published January 6, 2012
- Word count 497
Decorative pillows, sometimes called throw pillows, can add the finishing touches to a room makeover or breathe a new life into any room in your house. There are many styles and sizes of decorative pillows available on the market today. As with any home accent, decorative pillows have their own dos and don'ts.
It is important that you pick the best style of pillow for the room you are decorating. If you have a sleek and modern couch, don't match it with a decorative pillow covered in fringe. The pillows shouldn't be bland, either. Colors and patterns that either blend with the furniture or stand out in contrast are the better choices. Don't be afraid of pattern and texture! Using designer pillows with pictures and patterns can be an excellent way to add some fun and interest to your room. But be careful not to go overboard with the patterned pillows. Too many fabrics and colors can come across as being too busy.
Another aspect to consider is the size of your furniture. If you have a large sofa, you will probably want larger pillows. If you have a small sofa, small pillows are probably better. Using the wrong size pillows in your decoration can make your furniture look odd and misshapen. And remember to keep the embellishments on your pillows to a minimum. Beads can be fun, but they can also be uncomfortable. Since pillows are provided for comfort and beads can scratch skin, it's best to not use too many.
This may seem like a lot to consider, but remember: decorative pillows are supposed to add fun and spice to your interior design! Have fun with them and pick out pillows that represent your personal style. Not all throw pillows are solid colors, either. Some designer pillows on the market today sport beautiful paintings or photographs. These pillows can complement the decoration of any room in your house and will add a finishing touch to your design.
Perhaps you want to design a room in your house to feel like a beach retreat, even though you live nowhere near the ocean. Maybe you just purchased a beach house and are looking forward to decorating it with nautical home accessories. Adding seaside pillows to this room will add a sense of beauty and tranquility and will compete your design.
When it comes time to purchase your decorative pillows, you will want to consider the origins of your pillows. Some decorative pillow companies are run by large corporations, but others are run by artists out of their own homes. Each designer pillows sold by Rowe Boat Art is a linen printing of one of Robin Rowe's original paintings. Whether you choose to purchase the rustic 3 Row Boats or the peaceful Cows And Buttercups, you can be sure the beautiful picture on the pillow originated as a painting. Each painting has been printed on linen and placed around comfortable, down-blend pillows. Each pillow is made in the USA.
Robin Rowe has owned and operated her own high-end ribbon company and was known internationally for her needlepoint designs. All of her custom pieces are created in her home studio. Rowe Boat Art offers high quality photography prints, original paintings, giclees, and beautiful designer pillows. Each designer pillow from Rowe Boat Art are proudly made in the USA. All are available online.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- For what we need backsplash in kitchen?
- Simple and Easy Residential Interior Design Ideas
- Industrial and Decorative Uses Of Copper
- Potential benefits to Hiring an Interior Designer
- Blinds - A Breakdown of 10 Type of Blinds
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- The unique beauty of backsplash tiles
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t