New Year’s Greeting Card Etiquette
- Author Sarah Stevensons
- Published January 8, 2012
- Word count 446
New Year’s card etiquette is not typically something that one considers when purchasing a New Year’s card for someone, but it is certainly still relevant as it would be any other holiday. There are certain guidelines to choosing the right card for someone and New Year’s is no exception! If you want to really impress someone and make them feel special, here are a few simple guidelines to follow when choosing the right New Year’s card.
Have you ever seen a New Year’s card that was just over the top? Perhaps a card with so many images or messages that it was difficult to pinpoint exactly what it was about or what its message was? Maybe it had too many bells and whistles or little songs playing when it opened, something that your recipient may not particularly care for. While sending such a card as this is not always a bad idea, it is best to choose a greeting card that is suited to the person that you have in mind. To deliver the right message sometimes it is best to stick with cards that are simple and to the point.
As with any greeting card, take care to avoid sending anything that could be viewed as offensive or controversial. On New Year’s this shouldn’t be much of a problem but it is always something to consider. If the card itself deviates from certain acceptable norms then it may prove to be controversial. Specifically, it is not uncommon for New Year’s cards to depict relevant political humor. You never know how sensitive the recipient may be to any given issue so it is best to avoid these altogether. There are plenty of great cards to choose from that do not deliver a potentially controversial message, so stick to these!
Finally, it is a common tradition for American’s to make a New Year’s resolution and many cards will promote this sentiment, however, be careful of what the card is suggesting. Many people who decide to make a New Year’s resolution will keep their idea to themselves. Choosing a card that suggests the recipient needs to lose weight, or needs to get their act together may be precisely what they don’t need and could end up leaving a very sour taste in their mouth. This is not to say that all New Year’s resolution cards should be avoided, but try to stay away from anything that could be taken personally.
As you can see, New Year card etiquette is mostly common sense. Choose the appropriate greeting card and make your friends and loved ones smile!
With over 500,000 custom greeting cards available, Greeting Card Universe is your online shop for any card imaginable. Have one of our hand-picked artists customize the perfect holiday photo cards,New Years cards, or cards for any occasion and we will ship it to you anywhere in the world, all for an affordable price. Start browsing our cards today!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- The unique beauty of backsplash tiles
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t
- 3 Things I Hate About Cabin Decor
- Tips for Choosing Dining Chairs Online
- Styling Designer Homewares
- How to Create a Great Guest Bedroom in Your Cabin Home
- How to Decorate Your Cabin to Impress your Guests