What Not to Do: Pittsburgh SEO Part 1
- Author Laszeros Chandlerson
- Published January 23, 2012
- Word count 557
Pittsburgh SEO tactics can be very powerful for growing businesses, but their misuse can produce disastrous results. Though not necessarily illegal, certain Pittsburgh SEO strategies do violate the rules of Google and other top search engines. Fearing this legal and ethical no-man's land, many search providers will simply sandbox businesses that use these tactics, taking their websites off the first few pages of search results, or even out of their index altogether. It is therefore imperative that entrepreneurs learn to recognize unprincipled search engine optimizers who will put their businesses at risk with these cheap tactics. Here are five practices you'll never see from a truly professional Pittsburgh SEO company.
1.) High-Volume, Low-Quality Link Purchases
One of the most important aspects of good search engine optimization is quality backlinking from relevant web pages. However, it is possible to purchase hundreds of thousands of nearly-useless backlinks for pennies on the dollar. Unscrupulous SEO companies will make such purchases under the assumption that an artificially boosted link count will actually make your site better in the eyes of the search engines. They are gravely mistaken.
In truth, such a large, fast link buildup will place your website under the careful scrutiny of Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other popular search engines. This practice may not warrant an immediate penalty, but the engines will consider you a spammer once they realize most of your backlinks come from unpopular, unrelated web pages.
Certain SEO gurus claim that link-building penalties don't actually exist, but that's not the point. Hundreds, thousands, or even tens of thousands of irrelevant links have nowhere near the sway of a few, authoritative, closely related links in the eyes of the search engines. You get what you pay for, and if you're going to invest in professional SEO, you want it to be done right. Quality Pittsburgh SEO providers will know how to build plenty of high-PR, Google-friendly backlinks, and they won't be lured by temptations of quick and easy link purchases.
2.) Random Content Submission
One of the most common misconceptions in online business is that creating and submitting as much content as possible is a great way to establish an internet presence. Site owners and SEO companies will send large volumes of press releases, blurbs, and articles to thousands of publishers. To the search engines, such indiscriminate syndication is nothing but spam. In fact, even attempting so many submissions is a waste of time, since the editors who see your irrelevant content will delete it without a second look.
Even if some of your content makes it into unrelated publications, it's useless for SEO purposes. One of the main reasons to submit content anywhere is to build backlinks. For instance, Google might like to see that your online supplement shop has links on popular weight lifting blogs. It wouldn't do you any good, however, to have your shop's backlinks on sites about cars or video games. In order to make web browsing user-friendly, the search engines have made context king.
In the next installment of What Not to Do: Pittsburgh SEO, we'll talk about the ways high keyword densities, spam, and convoluted content will turn off web surfers, tarnish your reputation, and kill your chances of high search engine rankings. If you're ready for professional Pittsburgh SEO assistance now, however, use the links below for a private, free consultation.
Click here for a professional consultation with a Pittsburgh SEO expert.
Click here for more information about Pittsburgh SEO strategies.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019
- Crowd Marketing – How to Promote Your Business
- How to Secure the Proper SEO Keywords
- 5 Ways From Semalt On How To Take Control Of Your Content Marketing
- 3 SEO Pitfalls Service-Based Businesses Should Avoid