Improve your Article Readership Using an Effective Tag
- Author Nate Rodnay
- Published February 3, 2012
- Word count 534
Have you ever wondered why even some well written articles fail to attract the desired audience? Do you know what goes into making more number of people read your content? Tagging your article with an appropriate word or phrase is the answer. It helps you in effectively showcasing your article and helps readers in easy navigation through the website. Let us understand the different aspects of a tag in this article.
What is a tag?
Tags are labels that are put on articles or content, grouped together. They classify the content available in a website. A tag is a non-hierarchical keyword attached to different pieces of related information. A good tag helps a reader in identifying the article of his interest and browsing through related content. Tags form an unstructured classification of content. They can be individual or grouped together to form a tag cloud.
A tag cloud is a set of tags grouped together. They are interpretations of content where tags are positioned close together with some visual properties. These properties can be varying font size or color. The underlying idea of a tag cloud is to represent tags in line with their meaning, importance and frequency relative to other tags. They help the reader in quickly finding the most prominent term associated with his topic of interest.
Tag is unique
A tag should not be confused with keywords or categories. Keywords are the ones which users search for in the Internet. They are used by SEO professionals to rank a website higher in the search results. Categories help visitors in finding content in a website. Mostly, the content in a category is unique. They form a hierarchical management of content in a website. A tag, on the other hand, helps visitors find related content from your website and other websites.
Uses of tag
Tags simplify navigation process. They help readers in finding the content easily, avoiding the hassle of going through different categories to find the required information. For the website owner, a tag helps in classification of content, making the website easy to use. Most search engines lay a lot of emphasis on tags, that is, a content well supported by tags is likely to take a higher place in search results.
Choosing a good tag
A tag must be chosen in such a way that it increases curiosity in the minds of the visitors. This enables the visitor to find more about the content provided by the tag. For example, visitors will be curious to know more about "10 ways of losing weight" rather than "losing weight". The tags must also be relevant and specific to the article that it is leading to. If the tag provided is not appropriate to the content, visitors may not continue having the same levels of trust going with the website further. So, it is preferable to choose tags that are specific and relevant to the content.
Tags are categorization tools that help visitors in finding content easily. Tags can help find the nearer ideas, quotes concept that people discussed in the article, but do not form the core or main idea. They form minor points that help better understand the major point.
Marvist offers small business online marketing solutions to its clients globally. It provides professional seo services to increase search engine ranking of the website, pay per click management to help companies to increase online sales and improve their profitability.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019
- Crowd Marketing – How to Promote Your Business
- How to Secure the Proper SEO Keywords
- 5 Ways From Semalt On How To Take Control Of Your Content Marketing
- 3 SEO Pitfalls Service-Based Businesses Should Avoid