Benefits of Local SEO for Small Businesses
- Author Nate Rodney
- Published January 27, 2012
- Word count 519
A bulk of revenue for small businesses comes from its local area. Businesses must streamline their marketing strategies and efforts in such a way that the local market is thoroughly covered. Local Search Engine Optimization is a reliable marketing tool that gives business a feasible option to increase sales from its local area.
A study by TMP/comScore has revealed that 61% of local searches lead to a purchase. It was also found that nearly 80% of the customers searching locally, follow up office via a phone call or in-store visit or a purchase. Customers these days are checking the details about products, particularly in their local area before purchasing.
Google, one of the major search engines, knows that customers are looking for products or services in their local area. That is why it makes sure that local results appear above the organic results. In view of these observations, it becomes increasingly important for a small business to be actively present in local searches. Read further to know more about the role played by local SEO in adding value to a small business.
Get brand recognition
Brand recognition is the degree to which your customers are able to recognize your products or services. Local SEO helps in improving the visibility of your brand before the potential customers in your local area. Frequent exposure of your brand to your customers leads to enhanced brand recognition, which may eventually lead the customer to a purchase.
Improves website visibility on local listings
Local SEO attracts potential customers to your website. This is done by ranking your business higher in their local search results. A customer finds it comfortable to deal with businesses in his/her local area. By purchasing products from a local supplier, he/she eliminates unnecessary transportation and middlemen costs. So, when you are found in his/her local search results, chances are more that your business gets a new customer.
Website traffic and leads
According to Search Engine Watch, around 60% of the clicks in Google search results are taken by the results in the top three rankings. By investing in a Local SEO campaign, a business will be promoted higher in the local search results. This causes more number of people to click on the website. With an increase in traffic coming to the website, the number or prospective customers also increases, which may lead to increased sales.
Increases earning potential
Local SEO offers a business tremendous potential to increase earnings. The revenue you generate by using Local SEO will be many times higher than the investment with which you start. The improved visibility that a Local SEO provides will help a business in maximizing sales, leading to revenue generation.
In today’s competition, having a website alone does not signify a good online presence. Businesses must take significant steps to reach targeted customers. With a good SEO campaign in place, a small business can get maximum benefits even if it is not nationally well-known. With more and more customers preferring to buy locally, optimizing your website for local searches is one such step, which can be both feasible and effective.
Marvist offers small business Internet marketing solutions to its clients globally. It provides professional search engine optimization services to increase search engine ranking of the website, pay per click management to help companies to increase online sales and improve their profitability.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019
- Crowd Marketing – How to Promote Your Business
- How to Secure the Proper SEO Keywords
- 5 Ways From Semalt On How To Take Control Of Your Content Marketing
- 3 SEO Pitfalls Service-Based Businesses Should Avoid