Seasonal Wedding Catering Menu Ideas
- Author Miguel Guerreiro
- Published February 1, 2012
- Word count 451
Seasonal Wedding Catering Menu Ideas
by M.E.I. Catering
Coming up with satisfying catering menu ideas can be a daunting task, especially when you are catering to a wedding. After all, this is the most important day to many women. While you may be tempted to go traditional for the sake of simplicity, the food at your reception is a great way to express your personal wedding style. A seasonal catering is one way to offer fresh food with a unique twist.
Winter Wedding Catering Menu
Winter weddings have the lure of romance more so than any other month. Compliment this season by altering your catering menu to include foods that are warm and inviting. For the appetizer skip salads in favor of soups. We had a recent Bensalem wedding where we created a squash-based soup and were able to use locally-grown vegetables.
For your entrée, opt for roasted meats like turkey or pork tenderloin. These items will pair nicely with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
For you side dishes, focus on comfort foods - macaroni and cheese, baked beans, etc. Comfort foods are meant to be warm and comforting (hence the name).
For dessert, opt for a bread pudding or warm cookies.
Spring Wedding Catering Menu
Spring weddings are particularly special as the Spring signifies the birth of new life (or joined lives). Your wedding catering menu should be centered on fresh vegetables and lighter fare. For appetizers, try an arugula salad or simple mixed greens. Asparagus is another nice appetizer choice. For the main entrée, try chicken or lamb. For dessert, lemon bars or lemon meringue pie both make exceptional Spring desserts.
Summer Wedding Catering Menu
Summer weddings are, by far, the most popular types of weddings. Along with this being the top season for weddings, your choices are abundant for weddings foods as well. For your appetizer, salads are wonderful, especially when accompanied by local tomatoes. As an entrée, consider going home-style with fried chicken or pork chops. As far as desserts go, the options are endless, but peach cobbler always makes a nice dessert this time of year.
Autumn Wedding Catering Menu
Autumn weddings have a dramatic nature to them partially due to the changing colors and crispness in the air. These colors make for beautiful wedding scenes. Think Thanksgiving foods during this time of the year. Try an appetizer of cranberry and walnut salad. For the entrée, a great choice would be ham or turkey. For dessert, opt for a pumpkin or apple pie.
M.E.I. Catering is a Bensalem wedding caterer also offering wedding catering in surrounding areas such as Tullytown, Yardley, Philadelphia and Bucks County.
There are no posted comments.
- Web 3.0: lessons from the past and the possibilities that lie ahead
- Tips To Up Your Web Design And Drive User-Engagement
- Is CSS a necessity for responsive web design?
- HOW AND WHEN CAN I GET AUTHORIZATION TO REMOVE GEESE FROM MY PROPERTY?
- Five Laravel Development Trends That Will Encourage to Hire Laravel Development Company
- EU Travel To The UK Post-Brexit: What To Expect
- How to design a Website to appeal to the 2022's Modern Retail Audience
- Effective Compliance: A twenty point plan for business leaders
- 10 things you should know when it comes to raccoon removal:
- What is a Drone and What are its Advantages?
- KNOW ABOUT THE TRENDS AND INSIGHTS OF WORDPRESS DESIGN IN 2022
- What you need to know about Seagull Control in Peel Region.
- The Authentic Manager
- Your Toddler is Not Your Enemy
- Everything You Need to Know About SPA Framework Vue.js
- Everything You Need To Know About Pigeon Netting
- My Father, My Mother, and More
- Do you think you have a squirrel problem?
- Why Should You Choose Copper or Brass For Your Kitchen Backsplash?
- Top 10 Companies in Need of Transcription Services
- The Best Player Fordsville Never Had
- The Legend of Carr Creek
- Here are 5 Signs that raccoons may be living in your attic.
- Facts and Myths about Seagull control
- What is Wordpress? 8 Advantages of Using WordPress
- Canadian Geese: How to deal with them legally.
- How do you get rid of a Skunk from under your deck?
- 5 Types of Material you can consider for your Product Packaging
- What is the job of a Transcriptionist?
- 5 Signs You Need to Call a Plumber