Search Engine Optimization: Search Industry Terms Cp-Ht
- Author Mahrek Stasrdom
- Published February 3, 2012
- Word count 551
In Search Engine Optimization: Search Industry Terms Co-Co, we discussed two critical elements of the internet marketing and search engine marketing industries. This included Contextual Relevance - the close association, relationships or similarities between types of content sources and content reference points, and Conversion Rates, which refers to the percentage of website or web page visitors that ultimately convert to a sale by taking action of some sort. In this installment of the series we'll discuss four more crucial terms: Cost Per Click or CPC, Domain age and Name, File Transfer Protocol or FTP, and HTML or Hypertext Markup Language. Understanding these terms is a fundamental part of any successful SEO campaign.
Cost Per Click
Cost per click or CPC refers to a type of SEM or search engine marketing whereby a customer pays every time a website visitor clicks on a displayed ad. When viewing a SERP or search engine results page, the CPC ads are displayed above and to the right of the organic ads.
Site owners must use SEO to optimize their ads and landing pages to obtain a better relevance score from the advertising facilitator. In most cases the positioning of the ads on a SERP page depend on what company bids the most and how well optimized their landing page is for the keywords or key terms typed into the search car by the consumer.
Domain Age / Domain Name
The domain name is the actual name of the primary URL, and the age is the length of time since the domain was first registered, or in some cases the length of time since it was transferred or purchased after being dormant for some time.
Domain names are important because if they contain proper keywords they can provide a significant SEO boost. The age of a domain is important because search weight is generally given to older, established sites before new and unproven sites. For this reason there is a trend among some business developers and web masters to buy aged domains, or to repurpose domains in order to utilize the value built up within it.
File Transfer Protocol or FTP
FTP is a method of moving data - generally files and folders - for use in a website platform like Wordpress or Joomla. FTP allows users to change website themes or skins, upload additional features such as widgets and advertising blocks, databases and other functionality. FTP can also be used to backup a site or manage multiple versions of the site in the case of a dynamically generated page or ad scheme.
Hypertext Markup Language or HTML
HTML is the most basic building blocks of the web. This simple computer code tells browsers and other software programs how to "see" pages in that it dictates the size, color and position of objects and graphics, the font and color of text, the functionality of links and other actionable item - essentially everything you see on a website is controlled at least in part by HTML.
Basic HTML can be written by anyone and is most useful for controlling text and other simple page elements. More advanced HTML should be handled by a professional because of the intricacies involved. If you need professional search engine optimization services now, use the links below to get a free consultation now.
Click here to learn more about SEO in Pittsburgh.
To get a free professional consultation, click here: Pittsburgh SEO.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Writers Need An Online Paraphrasing Tool
- Everything You Need to Start an SEO Business
- Why Backlink Checker Tool is Very Important for Digital Marketer?
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019
- Crowd Marketing – How to Promote Your Business