Advantages and Drawbacks of Soy-Based Candles
- Author Jodi Keane
- Published February 19, 2012
- Word count 640
The common way of procedure for making candles is by using paraffin wax. Even though the material product is readily available, use of paraffin has its disadvantages. Over the years, individuals have sought for more effective alternatives. One sort of candle creating a name in the market involves soy. They have numerous benefits over its counterparts made from paraffin wax and even petroleum. Read on to educate yourself regarding why you should consider a soy candle over its classic counterparts.
Great things about Soy Candles
• Lasts Longer
Trying soy-based candles is more cost effective. Using a typical 14 oz. candle created from soy lasts 30% to 50% longer when compared with other types of candles the exact same measurement. A paraffin-based candle can last for approximately 75 hrs when used non-stop. On the other hand, a soy candle of the same measurement can last over a hundred hours. The reason for this is that soy melts slower. Although soy-based candles might cost more, the savings accumulate the more you use soy candles.
• Does Not Produce Harmful toxins
Numerous research has revealed that burning charcoal and paraffin or petroleum-based candles also make cancer inducing agents. These are produced into the surroundings. Even with well-ventilated places, some of the residue gets left behind. Inhaling the carcinogens increases the chances of getting cancer later on. As the ingredients are commonly found in nature, they cause much less allergies. This makes the soy candle a much healthier alternative for kids and pets as compared to paraffin or any other petroleum-based candles.
• Retains Odors and Colors Better
Scented candles use essential oils. The aroma of these oils is launched once the candle starts burning. Soy mixes very well and is more effective using essential oils. As soy candles burn more slowly, the odor lasts longer. The smell is also more refined as compared with paraffin or petroleum-based candles. This is more suitable for individuals who are definitely responsive to strong smells. As the soy-based aroma is much more subtle, it is possible to use it for candlelight dinners without being concerned about the aroma overpowering the aroma of the meals. Basically, utilization of soy candles creates a more calming environment. Soy-based candles even seem more appealing since they blend and keep color nicely.
• Delivers Less Warmth
Soy-based candles burn and even melt at lower temps. This means any type of container, whether it's a jar as well as candlestick, will not break because of heat. On the other hand, burning candles can continue to cause havoc in every house or interior and should never be left alone. Candles should simply be put to use for a maximum of 5 hours at a time.
• Simpler to Clean
If you have used paraffin candles in the past then you already know how tricky it is to cleanup the stains they leave behind. The residue produced by a petroleum-based candle is difficult to take out, making lasting stains on the fabric or material. Alternatively, soybean wax stains are easier to remove. Simply use warm water mixed with soap to remove all soy remains.
• Popular and Easy to Produce
Soy-based candles are made of soybean wax. Also known as hydrogenated soybean oil, it is found in an array of foods along with oils and animal feed. A multitude of Asian dishes include soy products as ingredients. For a widely available natural resource, big companies to hobbyists can make soy candles. Many of the more well-known brands include Linnea's Lights and Lafco Candles.
Disadvantages of Soy Candles
• More Expensive to Purchase
Mostly of the negatives utilizing soy-based candles is its cost. As paraffin candles are more easily obtainable, petroleum-based candles continue to be a bit cheaper. Nonetheless, the demand and supply of candles using soybean wax is rising steadily. You might find that both kinds of candles uncover the same price range in most stores.
If you would like to know more, check out the many resources available on the web, and do not forget to view the Linnnea's Lights.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- For what we need backsplash in kitchen?
- Simple and Easy Residential Interior Design Ideas
- Industrial and Decorative Uses Of Copper
- Potential benefits to Hiring an Interior Designer
- Blinds - A Breakdown of 10 Type of Blinds
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- The unique beauty of backsplash tiles
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor
- Enhance your night's sleep: Tips on the 8 best fabrics for duvet covers
- Hottest Wedding Trends for 2019
- Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- 7 Types of Cabin Styles and Themes
- What Colors Do I Use in My Cabin Home?
- Things To Consider When Choosing School Stage Curtains
- A Short Guide to Theatre Curtains and Drapes
- How to Make Your House a Cabin, Even If It Isn’t