Pepper Spray – It Pays To Protect Yourself
- Author Michele Walls
- Published March 6, 2012
- Word count 602
In this day and age it wouldn't hurt to protect yourself with pepper spray. Even though we live in a society with a strong police presence, you still never know when something might go wrong and a cop might not be no were in sight. There are several products on the market you can purchase to protect yourself. One of the most effective products out is pepper spray.
Having pepper spray on hand will work for you if you have confidence in yourself and you know how to use the pepper spray to defend yourself. When you have confidence you will learn to trust your senses and will be more aware of whats going on around you. Anyone can buy pepper spray or self defense products; although it takes confidence to know what to do if you are put into a situation were you need to use them.
These days protecting yourself has become second nature to almost all. These past decades, personal protection products have become a way of life to humans all over the world. One of the most sought after self defense products used today is pepper spray due to the fact of its quick ability to stop humans in their tracks from attacking you. In most cases, you can stop the perpetrator five to ten feet away from you, if your senses are up to par. Just about all pepper spray products shoot a stream 5-20 feet away. This range also makes it great for stopping animals, such as aggressive dogs. Animal or human, one hit of pepper spray to the face will stop them instantly; giving you enough time to escape.
Pepper spray is effective because of the main ingredient known as OC; this stands for Oleoresin Capsicum. There are two different strengths pepper spray comes in. One is 15% and the other is 10%. Both have a heat rating of 2 million. OC comes from the famous cayenne pepper, so it is not toxic or flammable. When you are hit with pepper spray or even come in close contact with it, the OC acts like an inflammatory agent. This causes immediate dilation of your nose, throat, eyes, and lungs. This leaves you gasping for air and leaves you temporary blind as well. Pepper spray will not kill you, although the effects can last up to 30 to 45 minutes.
Pepper spray is legal in all 50 states. However, there are rules and certain restrictions pepper spray users must follow in order to comply with the laws. One obvious rule is you can not carry pepper spray or any other self defense products on commercial airplanes. Some states require carriers to have a special permit such as a firearms id card to carry or use pepper spray. It is wise to always check your local laws when planning to purchase pepper spray or any other personal protection products.
What makes pepper spray such a popular choice when it comes to buying personal protection products is the ability to hide it in a pocket or purse. Most choose the spray that has a keyring with it so they can carry it on their keys. Which ever brand you choose make sure you have fast access to it; an attack can happen in a blink of an eye.
Pepper spray is a great self defense product but can also be a deadly product if the user disregards the rules printed on the spray. To prevent death or serious bodily harm, always be sure to follow the rules. When used right, pepper spray can give you the confidence and security to keep you out harms way.
Purchase pepper spray from Affordable Self Defense Supplies at wholesale prices and always be prepared to defend yourself.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Ways To Reduce Your Electricity Bill
- Tips before buying reclining sofa
- How To Buy Diamond?
- Choosing the best glasses for your face shape
- How to choose the wedding dress in a few steps
- Birthday Gift Baskets
- What You Need to Know about the Best Grow Lights
- How to Choose the Best Grow Tent for Your Plants and Space
- How to purchase right Micro SD Card for the electronic gadgets?
- 5 Points to Consider When Choosing a Mattress from a Store
- How To Choose Satchel And Hobo Bag
- What Is Tinder? How to Find Members on Tinder Online Dating Site?
- How To Buy Layflat Slurry Hose
- Military Retirement Gifts Buying Guide
- There is a Shopify behind Every Online Shopping
- Best Carry-on Travel Backpack
- The Greatest Guide to Online Shopping Is Right Here
- Are You Shopping for Bed Linen -- Here Are a Few Tips
- Why a Cash Voucher can be A Perfect Gift for Your Loved Ones?
- 5 Star hotel pillows– A better way to sleep at night
- Select the best mountain biking jerseys and increase longevity with these tips!
- How to safely buy an used phones - tutorial
- Simple Tips for Car Enthusiasts About New Tires
- What beard suits you? Should you trim or groom it!
- Choosing the right projector to suit your needs
- Preparation, is it Worth the Price
- What is The Triangular Recycling Symbol Found at the Bottom of Plastic Products?
- What To Look For When Buying A Good Hunting Coat or Jacket
- Tips for Cleaning Toaster Oven
- 3 Steps to Create Your Spookiest Halloween Costume