25 SEO Link Building Tips To Increase Visitors To Your Business
- Author Simon Farnworth
- Published March 10, 2012
- Word count 1,376
Without visitors your website is nothing, the more visitors your site can attract, the easier it will be to achieve your business goals. But in an ever competitive online world…its far from easy.
- Create a Blog for your business.
Create a blog to go hand in hand with your website and keep it updated on a regular basis - search engines love fresh content and its a great way to keep potential customers informed and up to date about your business.
- Create unique content for your site.
If you want to receive search engine traffic and only had time to work on one thing, you should work on creating unique content for your website. This is what Google and other search engines values most. The more unique content you have, and the more frequently you publish new content, the better.
- Build backlinks to your site.
The second most important thing you can do to improve your search rankings and receive organic traffic is to build backlinks. That is, you need to have as many websites linking to you as possible. The higher the quality and relevancy of these links, the better. If you have a design blog, for example, getting a link from a leading design site/blog or some other authoritative design site would do wonders to your SEO.
- Create a mobile version of your site.
As more and more users start accessing the web through mobile devices like smart-phones and ipods, it becomes important to have a version of your website that works perfectly these new platforms.
- Create an add on Google Adwords.
Pay-per-click advertising is a great way to instantly attract highly targeted visitors to your website. Depending on your niche clicks by be bought for pennies but beware…money can quickly drain away if your not familiar with adwords.
- Write Guest Posts on other blogs.
When your run a blog its always hard to keep coming up with great content on a regular basis. Thats why most blogs are happy to accept guest posts, write a quality post and include a link or 2 back to your site. This is an excellent way to gain exposure in your industry.
- Exchange links with other relevant websites.
The practice of exchanging links is as old as the web, but that is so because it works. You just need to be careful to only exchange links with sites that have unique content and are relevant to your visitors - If you are a plumber you don't really want to be exchanging links with a clothes shop!
- Submit your articles to article directories.
Article marketing is a very common and effective way to increase your traffic. You basically need to submit your articles to article directories. Virtually all of them allow you to include a link back to your site, and that is how your traffic will increase.
- Create and distribute a press release.
Creating and distributing a press release can still send some traffic to your website, especially if you have something new in your business. You can pay companies to do most of the work for you, or you can submit the press release manually to various free and paid for sites.
- Answer questions on Yahoo! Answers.
Spend some time browsing the questions on Yahoo! Answers, and whenever you come across one related to the topic of your site, answer it. You can include a link to your website as an additional resource, or to a specific article inside your site that answers the question too.
- Leave comments on other blogs.
Develop the habit of visiting blogs inside your niche and leaving comments on them. You can include a link to your website on each comment, and some visitors will certainly come through those links.
- Create An Ad for Online Classifieds Sites.
Create an add advertising your products or services with a link to your website and place them on the various classifieds sites on the web.
- Join Online Forums
Regardless of the topic of your website, you’ll certainly find dozens of related online forums to join. Most of them allow you to put a link in your signature, and you can use that to send visitors to your own website.
- Create an iPhone App for your website.
The iPhone is arguably the most popular smartphone around, and most of its users relying heavily on apps to consume their content. If you create an iPhone app to display the content of your website you could both get new readers and allow your current ones to read your stuff on their iPhones.
- Build an HTML sitemap.
An HTML sitemap is basically a page inside your website linking to all other pages (and preferably being linked from all other pages too). The HTML sitemap helps search engines to crawl and index your website, thus increasing your search rankings.
- Create a Facebook page for your business.
A great way to leverage Facebook is to create a page for your business. This is basically a page dedicated to your website, where your visitors can become fans, leave comments and so on.
- Create a Twitter account for your business.
Another must have social network is Twitter. You can create an account for yourself, or one for your website directly, where you’ll post updates with links to your recent posts and related content from around the web.
- Create a Profile on as many social networks as possible.
When you create a profile on a social network, you are usually able to include the URL of your website. Guess what? This is a link building opportunity, and it might increase your traffic (both because of the visitors you’ll get and because of the link juice).
- Include social bookmarking icons on your site.
You can increase the number of votes and bookmarks you’ll get by including social bookmarking icons on your site like Facebook, Twitter, Google+1 ect.
- Experiment with video's about your business.
As you probably heard, video is huge on the web right now. If you are not experimenting with it yet, you should be. If you want to do something simple, just record yourself talking in front of the web cam about your products and services and submit them to youtube and the like.
- Launch a Twitter Contest.
You can launch a contest where people need to retweet the contest page in order to get an entry to the random draw. The prize can be either money or products and services from your sponsors. Depending on the size of your prize the retweets could go viral after a while.
- Create a Free eBook.
This is one of the most efficient ways to generate traffic. Simply write a compelling eBook, and then release it on your website. Include a direct download link, and email bloggers and webmasters in your niche to let them know about it. The better the information in your eBook, the more people will share and recommend it, and the more traffic you’ll gain.
- Advertise using Facebook ads.
The best alternative to Google AdWords is the Facebook Ads platform. You’ll be able to pay both per click and per 1,000 impressions, and you can also target very specific demographics, to make sure the visitors will be interested in your content.
- Increase the speed of your website.
There are many research papers confirming that most Internet users will only wait a couple of seconds for a web page to load. If it doesn’t, they will close it and move to another website. On top of that search engines also use the loading speed as a ranking factor, so the faster your site loads, the higher your search rankings. The first thing you should do to improve your loading speed is to remove unnecessary elements from your site and to reduce the size of your images.
- Launch a review contest about your products or services.
If you want to increase your search rankings you could launch a contest where people need to write about the content in order to get an entry. The links you’ll get will send you both Google juice and new visitors. Keep in mind that you need a good prize to motivate people to write about your contest though.
Copyright 2012 http://www.fandbcreative.co.uk - F&B Creative are a specialist web design, graphic design and search engine marketing company based in the UK. www.fandbcreative.co.uk Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019
- Crowd Marketing – How to Promote Your Business
- How to Secure the Proper SEO Keywords
- 5 Ways From Semalt On How To Take Control Of Your Content Marketing
- 3 SEO Pitfalls Service-Based Businesses Should Avoid