How to Get Listed in Google Places
- Author Julia Ionov
- Published March 20, 2012
- Word count 532
Your location as well as your industry specifics are vital information that is relayed to Goggle Places. In order to gain influence and be well known in Google Places, it is important that you utilize important keywords that will help your business get listed among the top part of the list. Here are seven key elements to to keep in mind for successful listing in Goggle Places.
1: Your Address
Your business address is important as well as its location. Keywords that pertain to a certain city are often used to announce a business. For example, if your business is in Los Angeles, you could use Beverly Hills as one of your keywords. In this case, your business would be physically located in Los Angeles.
2: Data Consistency
It is important that your information is consistent and precise. Make sure that the business name, phone number and email address are all the same across different websites. Everywhere your business is listed, the information must be exactly the same. If your business is listed with different information, then this could be interpreted as a spamming attempt.
3: Business Category
Categories play an important part on the internet, especially when pertaining to a list. Make sure that you select the proper category, such as a hair salon should not be categorized under automobiles or autos. When you submit your business to Google Places make sure that you place it in the correct category and sub category.
4: Keywords in Your Business Name
It is also advisable that you utilize important keywords in your business name if this applies to your business. For instance, your business name is Betty’s Records, you would utilize Records as one of your keywords. This will increase your chance of getting listed in Google’s first result page in Google Places.
5: Citations of Your Business
References to your business or citations are sometimes mentioned in other business listing pages. For instance, the chamber or commerce in your city might have your business listed without actually linking directly to your website. Citations also play an important part in getting noticed on the internet. Having many citations in your city will increase the chance of it being listed in local searches. Having your website address listed on many websites will show Google that your business is worthy of being on its list.
6: Positive Reviews
Having excellent ratings and reviews will develop confidence in your business as far as Google is concerned. Google Places is basically a recommendation search engine, that recommends all the best places and businesses to those that are searching for that particular product or service. Customer reviews are vital to your business. Encourage your customers to write about your product or services if they are happy with what you have offered them in the past.
7: Proximity to the Searched Location
Having your business near significant industries and places of importance is vital as chances are that it will be listed in Google Places when a person searches for their choice. For instance, if you are near the San Francisco Bridge, chances are your business will be displayed in Google Places listing when someone is searching for record stores near San Francisco Bridge.
There are no posted comments.
- Why Is WordPress Bad?
- How Brand Image can Help Improve SEO
- Why do you need SEO?
- Stay Competitive with Trending SEO Aspects
- SEO Ranking Factors 2020
- History of SEO
- How Can You Integrate SEO and PPC in Your Marketing Strategies?
- Foolproof Ways to Grow Your Instagram Followers in 2020 (and Beyond)
- Effective Ways to Build High-quality DoFollow Backlinks
- Tips to Help Your Website Generate More Leads
- Helpful Tips to Bulletproof Your SEO Strategy
- Benefits of optimizing your website for local SEO
- Easy Steps in Which CRO Audit is performed
- Clipping Path: The Technique to Make Your Picture Look Better
- Avail Affordable SEO Service for Your Business.
- Web Development Outsourcing
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Business Networking
- Common SEO Services Provided by an SEO Agency
- BOOST Your Website Ranking Today
- Why Is SEO So Important for Small Businesses?
- Five SEO Myths that Business Companies Need to Forget About
- What is SEO and why do you need it?
- A Guide to Hiring an SEO Provider
- Major Link Building Trends to Focus on 2019
- Try These On-Page SEO Techniques for WordPress Websites
- SEO Trends in 2019
- Crowd Marketing – How to Promote Your Business
- How to Secure the Proper SEO Keywords
- 5 Ways From Semalt On How To Take Control Of Your Content Marketing
- 3 SEO Pitfalls Service-Based Businesses Should Avoid